Rank the Wilco albums

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

I have never ranked them. It is a difficult endeavor. at this exact moment in time, here's my answer:

Kicking Television (because it a retrospective type-thing)

Summerteeth

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Being There

Mermaid Avenue/Mermaid Avenue 2 (I see it as one album, even though it isn't)

AM

Sky Blue Sky

A Ghost Is Born

Mermaid Avenue 2

The above list is complete bullshit. I disown it. For me, it honestly can't be done. If I had the proverbial gun to my head, I'd just say albums because their is no way the coercer could know if it's bullshit or not. I honestly see all of the albums as equally stellar. It is a lateral difference to me, not a hierarchical one. This isn't a cop out. This is sincerely how i view the Wilco canon

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Absolutely wrong, not matter how sincere you are.

Ha ha ha! Damn1 Somehow there is a definitive answer to a subjective question... Foiled by mysterious, paradoxical anomalies again. How many more times must I suffer such a fate??!!

Ah, but this is where you're mistaken...

Dammit I must know the proper algorithm to solve the Wilco album puzzle! Will you share it?

I believe Cpl. O'Reilly said it best:

I have quit the board and don't post here anymore, so I am not able to tell you that the quoted post belongs in a different thread than this one.
Ha ha ha! Damn1 Somehow there is a definitive answer to a subjective question... Foiled by mysterious, paradoxical anomalies again. How many more times must I suffer such a fate??!!

gogo, maybe we have a misunderstanding. The above was meant as a response to kimcatch22.

gogo, maybe we have a misunderstanding. The above was meant as a response to kimcatch22.

Here's a response to you. You'll see it is you to you because I've quoted you in my response.

Regardless, you're still wrong.

Here's a response to you. You'll see it is you to you because I've quoted you in my response.

Regardless, you're still wrong.

I knew that it was me to me or ... whoa, my head is spinning. Can I please have the algorithm so that I can right my wrong? Not the answer because I want to learn!

I knew that it was me to me or ... whoa, my head is spinning. Can I please have the algorithm so that I can right my wrong? Not the answer because I want to learn!

"reading comprehension"

"reading comprehension"

I understand the words above but not the context. I'll stop with my silliness about an algorithm to solve the unsolvable and just be literal. I disagree with you about me being wrong because it is a subjective question. There is no correct way to rank Wilco's albums other than being correct to the induvidual ranker. Damn. It is a lot more fun joking around than being serious.

I understand the words above but not the context. I'll stop with my silliness about an algorithm to solve the unsolvable and just be literal. I disagree with you about me being wrong because it is a subjective question. There is no correct way to rank Wilco's albums other than being correct to the induvidual ranker. Damn. It is a lot more fun joking around than being serious.

My self-imposed ban on posting at ViaChicago makes it impossible for me to point out that this thread does not pose a question that can be viewed subjectively.

My self-imposed ban on posting at ViaChicago makes it impossible for me to point out that this thread does not pose a question that can be viewed subjectively.

Shit1 You are correct1 'Rank the Wilco Albums, it's that time again', is not a question of any kind. It is a statement, request, command. Can't I ever do anything right? Whoa, I sound like Charlie Brown. If nothing else I played a role in bringing you out of your self-imposed ban.

Sometimes it helps to read some of the posts in the thead, not just the title.

Too many pages!! I decided to just jump on the trolley at the closest stop or something like that.

Best thread ever. It should win awards.

I completely concur it's:

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

If only you could all see the truth in all it's glory.

This dude only has 12 posts and he's more right than the Colonel will ever be. Reading is FUNdamental!