The National - Boxer

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, if anybody could help me out (again)...I think I need to (finally) check these guys out. late to the dance as always, but i'm trying...

nothing to do with what you said, but more to do with your avatar. it made me think about this:

actually; really, i was thinking of the sketch where mark heap plays ming the merciless at home relaxing watching telly tubbies, but i can only find a picture, not a clip.

250px-BigTrain03.jpg

On a brighter note...Dolores Caterwauler's new single stalled in the lower 50's chart position way behind Right Said Fred and their 2007 version of classic single I'm Too Sexy.

Poetic and Justice.

I actually read the review the other day from somewhere else not realizing it was your blog :P

I think someone linked to it on The National forum, but I don't really remember. Anywho, great interview/review :thumbup

Over lunch I downloaded two extra tracks off of Itunes without having to download the full album. They are "Blank Slate" and "Santa Clara". I think they are b-sides from the Mistaken for Strangers single. Hopefully they're still available for everyone!

Over lunch I downloaded two extra tracks off of Itunes without having to download the full album. They are "Blank Slate" and "Santa Clara". I think they are b-sides from the Mistaken for Strangers single. Hopefully they're still available for everyone!

they're both really great tracks as well!

Blank Slate is a finished and more uptempo version of Keep It Upstairs from the Abel single, which i liked a lot too.

I aboslutely love Boxer, but I'm still secretly wishing there was an Available/Murder Me Rachael/Abel/Mr. November type song where Matt just loses it.

I hear ya.

But think how cool it'll be to hear most of this record live with tracks like those sprinkled throughout the set.

DAMN!

I hear ya.

But think how cool it'll be to hear most of this record live with tracks like those sprinkled throughout the set.

DAMN!

Damn is right. Here's a setlist from earlier this week in Europe.

Start A War

Brainy

Secret Meeting

Mistaken for Strangers

Slow Show

Baby, Well Be Fine

Apartment Story

All The Wine

Murder Me Racheal

Racing Like A Pro

Ada

Daughters of The Soho Riots

Mr November

Fake Empire

About Today

Abel

Gospel

Damn is right. Here's a setlist from earlier this week in Europe.

Start A War

Brainy

Secret Meeting

Mistaken for Strangers

Slow Show

Baby, Well Be Fine

Apartment Story

All The Wine

Murder Me Racheal

Racing Like A Pro

Ada

Daughters of The Soho Riots

Mr November

Fake Empire

About Today

Abel

Gospel

Nice, if I don't get About Today at the show I go to then heads will roll.

Excellent record. One of the year's best, definitely, and I really doubt it won't be in my top 5 by year's end.

It's so wonderfully cohesive.

Anyway, here's how I rank the National material I have:

The National 7/10

Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers 8/10

Cherry Tree 8/10

Alligator 9/10

Boxer 9/10

At that rate, the next one will be 10/10!!! I planned a mini family vacation to Chicago around The National show next week. I talk up Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier, the beach, the zoo, etc, etc., but I really just want to go see these guys at the Metro. :D