More on the "controversy"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you should have reviewed the rest of the lists in that greencarwhatever site you quoted and linked earlier in the thread.

The VW Beetle was #3 in the subcompact group and ranked "above average" and the Passat Wagon also ranked #3 in it's small wagon category, also rated "above average".

oh_snap.gif

This is what I want.....

TOYOTA CAMRY HYBRID 2.4L 4, auto CVT Tier 2 bin 3 / PZEV 40 38 46

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

That ad is terrible.

I don't know...as an ad, yea it might be terrible, but it was somehow thrilling to hear Wilco on it. No matter what I can't stop really caring about the music. I do know how weird this all is, but somehow the music elevates these ads beyond the crass and mundane.....coupling Sky Blue Sky with the image of a happy driving couple...wow...strangely powerful....and please don't ask me to justify this, there simply is no way to do so, it is just a viceral reaction to hearing Jeff sing on top of some goofy visual....go figure.

LouieB

Audi

BMW

Mercedes

Volkswagen

Saab

Volvo

Jaguar

Subaru

Toyota

Nissan

Kia

Hyundai

Land Rover

Lexus

Infiniti

Acura

Honda

Mazda

Suzuki

Ford

Lincoln

Mercury

Jeep

Dodge

Chrysler

Plymouth

Chevrolet

Pontiac

Cadillac

Buick

Saturn

That's 31 active auto producers that sell cars in the U.S. I know there are more, but those are the first bunch that I could recall off the top of my head. Each one of those auto makers produces a number of models. Making a lowball estimate of six models per manufacturer, that's 186 models. Can you see how it is possible to make cars that are above average in emissions, quality, tire pressure, cup holders, whatever criterion you want, and still not have a model in the top twelve?

Sure I can, but, do you have any actual numbers to back your claim? You keep saying they are above average, but I haven

I'm looking for overall - a list of manufacturers from highest to lowest or best to worst.

So, since you are the one driving the argument via your original post...shouldn't you be just as much on the hook to provide said list supporting your claims that VW is destroying the earth as we speak? You seem just as sure of yourself that they are one of the worst, so why not pony up something to support that?