More on the "controversy"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jnickerson - how do you feel about rollerskates?

edit : this is ction

~theshua

So, since you are the one driving the argument via your original post...shouldn't you be just as much on the hook to provide said list supporting your claims that VW is destroying the earth as we speak? You seem just as sure of yourself that they are one of the worst, so why not pony up something to support that?

I

My daughter called me from her grandmother's house yesterday to tell me that Marriott used an Andrew Bird song in one of thier commercials. She was pretty jazzed about it.

Can this be TRUE???

My daughter called me from her grandmother's house yesterday to tell me that Marriott used an Andrew Bird song in one of thier commercials. She was pretty jazzed about it.

Can this be TRUE???

I hope so. that dude could use the money.

It's a fact that any new car, no matter how eco-friendly (be it electric or whatever) causes a larger "carbon footprint" than even the worst gas-guzzling car that is currently on the road, simply because nearly all of the carbon footprint occurs during manufacturing and seeing as how this doesn't change too much between the type of car you buy it doesn't make too much difference. So anyone bothered about the environment would be best suited to buying secondhand if they are that way inclined. Seeing as how VW's are well known for lasting a long time, then getting yourself one of them might be a good idea.

Well, it probably means that's what the market shows the public wants. When enough people decide gas mileage is a priority, one would expect the industry to reflect that. If nobody wants to buy cars that get good gas mileage (and really, when gas is ~$1.00 a gallon as it was most of the late 90s, who would sacrifice performance for efficiency? :rolleyes), only foolish companies will produce them. One hopes that gas will stay above $3 for a long time, so people will continue to demand more efficient vehicles. Regardless, 35 mpg is not an inefficient engine by any stretch, and I have no problem with any auto maker that produces cars that get 30 mpg or better.

I posted a link. Perhaps you failed to click on it.

Once again, it is laughably specious to suggest that because VW does not have a model in the top dozen most efficient cars (by the standard of whatever website conducted the study), or that because they have one V-10 diesel SUV which admittedly performs very badly emissions-wise, that they produce less than efficient vehicles.

So, now it is foolish to produce cars that would lead to a more sustainable future? And I

Once again, it is laughably specious to suggest that because VW does not have a model in the top dozen most efficient cars (by the standard of whatever website conducted the study), or that because they have one V-10 diesel SUV which admittedly performs very badly emissions-wise, that they produce less than efficient vehicles.

Please, provide me with links that show, overall, VW has higher than average standards

It is foolish to produce a product for which there is no market, because if you do, you will find yourself out of business in short order.

Yet there is a large market.