More on the "controversy"

Please delete your thread before this gets nasty.

Yeah, who started this thread, anyway? Some Wilco-hater? :brow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a big ass cup of coffee from the locally owned bakery every morning for 2 bucks.

Big Ass Coffee Co..........Black Mulatto and white coffe fer tha ghetto......you might be on to something here,A-man..... ;)

-Robert.

Big Ass Coffee Co..........Black Mulatto and white coffe fer tha ghetto......you might be on to something here,A-man..... ;)

-Robert.

I stole that phrase from Letterman's Big Ass Ham bit.

The coffee I like to drink at home costs almost 50 bucks a pound.

For laughs:

Poster Posts in this thread

.... 79

Ninjas E. Liverwurst 56

Earl 55

Analogman 45

Sir Stewart 37

fat.boy. 33

MrRain422 27

El Brian Fellow 26

ObliviousToMyself 22

Calexico 21

oceanman 21

M. Christine 19

bjorn_skurj 18

j4lackey 17

beadsman 17

unclepunk 16

LouieB 15

cryptique 15

boywiththorninside 15

JUDE

how come BAAB hasnt commented in this thread yet?... we await for his insite!

baab passed away in a horrible snowmobile accident a while back. :ohwell

I'm watching the Brewers game and just saw the "You Are My Face" VW ad. It's the first time I've actually seen one of these on TV. I found the experience rather disappointing--the earth did not shake and my sense of disillusionment was totally dwarfed by the awesome fact that Ben Sheets had just made Barry Bonds look like an amateur.

I have four posts in here!? :o (5 now!) I was trying to avoid this particular line of discussion. I bet I've only got one post in this thread that actually touches on the subject at hand.

I'm watching the Brewers game and just saw the "You Are My Face" VW ad. It's the first time I've actually seen one of these on TV. I found the experience rather disappointing--the earth did not shake and my sense of disillusionment was totally dwarfed by the awesome fact that Ben Sheets had just made Barry Bonds look like an amateur.

I caught that ad for the first time today, too...while watching the Travel Channel and a show on Vegas cheaters. It had no effect on me whatsoever. In the same vein, I could have sworn I heard an Andrew Bird song on a Marriott commercial. Can anyone confirm this, or did it just sound similar?

Actually, I found the wedding commercial to be kind of fun. See, the dude is using the AC to puff his shirt up, and that's why he's making that face. Seems like something I would do. Then again, I'm probably somehow related to Hitler, so my opinion on the matter doesn't count for much...

I believe those of us who haven't posted in this thread at all should receive an"Admirable Restraint" award consisting of pecan pie with DreamWhip and tickets to the Wilco concert of our choice.

:yes :w00t

And I finally saw the commercial for VW (the "Thanks" one) as well as the one for AMC using "What Light" and found them both pretty pleasant. I liked hearing Jeff's voice emanating from my TV unexpectedly.

Damn, there goes my Restraint award, huh? :unsure

Edit: I believe anyone who's managed not to post in this thread until the 50th page still deserves an "Admirable Restraint" award. Show of hands, please?

As I thought.....you all agree wholeheartedly. :cheers

I believe those of us who haven't posted in this thread at all should receive an"Admirable Restraint" award consisting of pecan pie with DreamWhip and tickets to the Wilco concert of our choice.

:yes :w00t

And I finally saw the commercial for VW (the "Thanks" one) as well as the one for AMC using "What Light" and found them both pretty pleasant. I liked hearing Jeff's voice emanating from my TV unexpectedly.

Damn, there goes my Restraint award, huh? :unsure

Edit: I believe anyone who's managed not to post in this thread until the 50th page still deserves an "Admirable Restraint" award. Show of hands, please?

As I thought.....you all agree wholeheartedly. :cheers

I think you should let sue have a pecan pie award too, even if she did start the thread.