Good news for U2 fans..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

Thanks Analogman,

It felt like the U2 hype machine lost steam once they finished up Letterman and did their 3 city stint in March.

I imagine them showing up to the first show after sipping Iced Tea on the beaches of Malibu.

But it looks like they have been rehearsing. Although, these clips could be a little longer.

I think Bono's idea of taking over 2009 hasn't happened yet at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in September at Foxboro, MA, but I'm in no rush either. Don't want to rush my summer to see them.

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS I'll either be excited or a little bit upset when I see the setlist on opening night.

Hey Thanks,

It's pretty good. It reminds me a bit of that Zoo TV Special in 1992 where this girl shows up in Adam's hotel room and she's breathing heavy.

Of course, Bono isn't breathing heavy but he's being Bono and giving The Edge a hard time. Or so it looks.

Kristofor

PS Yeah, there's a bunch of clips dating back to 05 for this set.

Now I'm getting excited!!

AtU2.com posted a link to the dress rehearsal setlist for the 360 tour. Lots of typical songs are missing which I like. Also there's a great handful of tunes that I've never heard live that have been rehearsed.

The dress rehearsal was in Barcelona on June 17, 2009.

Kristofor

http://forum.atu2.com/index.php/topic,6366.0.html

Drowning Man - I never know if I like this song or not. I have always thought it was sort of clunky.

Since The Unforgettable Fire is my favorite U2 album, I don't have anything negative to say about them playing the title song.

I was listening to the new album the other night. I like the song Moment Of Surrender.

Drowning Man - I never know if I like this song or not. I have always thought it was sort of clunky.

Yeah, interesting choice. It is unique in that it prominently features The Edge singing the first verse. I believe "Drowning Man," "Numb" and "Van Diemen's Land" are the only songs that prominently feature Edge's singing. Could be memorable with a new arrangement.

Nice to see The Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet in there, but I still wish someone would smack U2 upside the head and tell them "You're fooking U2, your fans are fooking faithful, you don't need to be playing With Or Without You and Pride ad nauseum, your fans will go nuts to hear any U2 song - so fooking play Heartland and Red Hill Mining Town and Please and goddammit open with The Fooking Fly!!"

• 2 weeks later...

The tour opened tonight in Barcelona. It sounds like the stage setup is gigantic and quite impressive. And even more impressive? They beamed footage from the space station during the show. Here's the set list:

1. Breathe

2. No Line on the Horizon

3. Get On Your Boots

4. Magnificent

5. - Beautiful Day

6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

7. >>>Dedicated to Michael Jackson

8. In A Little While

9. Unknown Caller

10. The Unforgettable Fire

11. City of Blinding Lights

12. Vertigo

13. ...Crazy Tonight (Remixed)

14. Sunday Bloody Sunday

15. Pride (In the Name Of Love)

16. MLK

17. Walk On/ You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

Encore:

18.Where The Streets Have No Name

19.One >>>>they messed this up and had to restart

2nd Encore:

20. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (!!!!!!!!!!) >>>Bono wears what appears to be a red LED lightsuit and there's a spinning disco ball

21. With Or Without You

22. Moment of Surrender

It's really nice to see The Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet back in the setlist. Hopefully they'll bring in a few songs from Pop at some point, and apparently they've been rehearsing Electrical Storm, which I don't think they've ever performed. It's interesting to see only two songs from the last album are back this time, though I think those are the two I would've chosen. Breathe is my favorite song from the new album, so it's interesting to see that they opened with it.

I have a ticket for both of the Boston shows, but it's looking like I'm not going to be able to go, which I'm disappointed about, but hopefully I can catch them when they come back next summer.

The tour opened tonight in Barcelona. It sounds like the stage setup is gigantic and quite impressive. And even more impressive? They beamed footage from the space station during the show. Here's the set list:

1. Breathe

2. No Line on the Horizon

3. Get On Your Boots

4. Magnificent

5. - Beautiful Day

6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

7. >>>Dedicated to Michael Jackson

8. In A Little While

9. Unknown Caller

10. The Unforgettable Fire

11. City of Blinding Lights

12. Vertigo

13. ...Crazy Tonight (Remixed)

14. Sunday Bloody Sunday

15. Pride (In the Name Of Love)

16. MLK

17. Walk On/ You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

Encore:

18.Where The Streets Have No Name

19.One >>>>they messed this up and had to restart

2nd Encore:

20. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (!!!!!!!!!!) >>>Bono wears what appears to be a red LED lightsuit and there's a spinning disco ball

21. With Or Without You

22. Moment of Surrender

It's really nice to see The Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet back in the setlist. Hopefully they'll bring in a few songs from Pop at some point, and apparently they've been rehearsing Electrical Storm, which I don't think they've ever performed. It's interesting to see only two songs from the last album are back this time, though I think those are the two I would've chosen. Breathe is my favorite song from the new album, so it's interesting to see that they opened with it.

I have a ticket for both of the Boston shows, but it's looking like I'm not going to be able to go, which I'm disappointed about, but hopefully I can catch them when they come back next summer.

I hope Ultra Violet, MLK and Unforgettable Fire stay till September!! :rock

:thumbup

Well, I came back from Maine and I was dying to see what was done for opening night.

I'm pretty satisfied.

If anyone finds any live bit torrents let us know. I'll dig later on at Interference. If I find anything I'll post.

Kristofor

:thumbup

Well, I came back from Maine and I was dying to see what was done for opening night.

I'm pretty satisfied.

If anyone finds any live bit torrents let us know. I'll dig later on at Interference. If I find anything I'll post.

Kristofor

I am surprised they allow taping.

U2 30.06.2009 Nou Camp,BCN (Dime a Dozen link)

They must be aware of it somewhat; otherwise, they would be on Dime a Dozen's banned list. I say I am surprised as their manager made a statement once about locking file sharers up forever, or something like that.

They must be aware of it somewhat; otherwise, they would be on Dime a Dozen's banned list. I say I am surprised as their manager made a statement once about locking file sharers up forever, or something like that.

The band has made several statements in interviews that what they have a problem with is people making money off of recordings, otherwise they don't mind people sharing live concerts. Here's a site with a bunch of the quotes:

U2Preservation.com

• 4 weeks later...

From Billboard.com:

BBC Opens Up Its U2 Archives

by Andre Paine, London | July 28, 2009 4:19 EDT

BBC Worldwide Music, part of the commercial arm of U.K. broadcaster the BBC, has unveiled two major new U2 shows that it is making available for sale to international broadcasters.

The programs include the Irish band's roof-top performance on top of BBC Broadcasting House in London in February 2009.

"U2=BBC: The History" and "U2=BBC" feature exclusive material from the BBC archive and a series of extensive interviews with the band.

Around 5,000 people lined the nearby streets to watch the U2 performance, captured by aerial and rooftop camera shots, which will feature on both shows but form the basis of "U2=BBC." That show - available as a 30-minute or 50-minute production - also features their live set for BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge, hosted by Jo Whiley as well as behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the band.

"U2=BBC: The History" follows the band's career from their earliest days live in Belfast in 1981 to the Broadcasting House set in 2009. It draws on nearly 30 years of BBC live performances, including "Top of the Pops" and "Whistle Test."

"We're very excited to be able to bring together a collection of some genuinely unique BBC performances from the biggest band on the planet," said Jon Mansfield, head of content development at BBC Worldwide Music, in a statement. "It has been a brilliant opportunity to work with U2 and Universal Music to utilise the strengths of the BBC Worldwide multi-platform infrastructure and reach global audiences with their best BBC performances. This continues BBC Worldwide's music content strategy, building an impressive portfolio of exclusive and unique performances from many of the world's biggest artists."

The U2 shows follow recent BBC Worldwide music specials on Oasis and Pet Shop Boys from the BBC archive.

• 1 month later...

I have a really good seat for next Monday's show in Boston. It's in the sixth row of section 109, which is around the 50 yard line on the Edge's side. I was able to sell my ticket for Sunday, but I really can't afford tolose the full price of this. I'm definitely open to offers. I'm disappointed I can't make the trip, but work is way too crazy right now for me to cancel a day of classes for a show.

Billboard.com

U2 Expanding 'Unforgettable Fire' This Fall

by Michael D. Ayers, N.Y. | September 14, 2009 4:47 EDT

While U2's "360 Tour" just got underway in Chicago this past weekend, fans are in store for another treat this fall as the 25th anniversary of the band's classic 1984 album, "The Unforgettable Fire" will be celebrated with a host of reissue configurations. Due October 27 from Island/Universal, four options will be available that include B-sides, rarities, alternate versions, and previously unreleased songs including "Disappearing Act" (a.k.a. "White City"), a song that was originally started in 1983 with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois. Only recently the band put the finishing touches on "Disappearing Act" in France, according to an interview with BBC Radio 1.

Handling the re-mastering duties was U2 guitarist The Edge. The four versions will include a 180 gram vinyl album version, a standard re-mastered CD version, a deluxe double version with a 36 page bound book and a limited edition super deluxe box set, which includes the 2 CD version, a 56 page bound book, 5 portfolio prints and a DVD that will feature rare videos, concert footage and a "Making of" documentary of the album.

Although no official announcement has been made on U2.com, fans who have visited the group's merchandise table at recent concerts have received wind of this release from a shopping bag advertisement. In a possible nod to the upcoming anniversary, the band has been playing the title track "The Unforgettable Fire" at recent shows for the first time in many years. "The Unforgettable Fire" continues in a series of deluxe reissues of U2's earlier work. 2007 saw the expanded release of "The Joshua Tree," for that album's 20th anniversary and in 2008 the group reissued "War," "Boy," and "October" in similar deluxe formats.

U2 is currently in the midst of a stadium and arena tour of North America, with the next shows scheduled for September 16 and 17 at Toronto's Rogers Centre. The band's latest album "No Line on the Horizon" was released this past February and has sold 991,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan.