The Jayhawks (including Louris, Olson, and related)

also, tim o reagans album rules. i dont think this has ever been discussed here. one of my favorites.

Oh yes, :worship

Tim's album was so good and well worth checking out for those who don't have it. There are two guys from the Jawhawks fanpage who are travelling all round Oz to catch the boys in show.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, tim o reagans album rules. i dont think this has ever been discussed here. one of my favorites.

Maybe not in this thread, but it's definitely gotten some love here. :yes I've praised it myself in the now playing thread more than once.

Tim's solo record is by far the best post-Jayhawks solo release by anyone in the band, no question.

amazing record. word is he's hoping to have a new one out in the next year or so... *fingers crossed*

my apologies if this has been done before, but i'm just getting into the jayhawks (i've had rainy day music for a while and always enjoyed it, but never got any of their other albums) and the related side/solo projects.... and was wondering if some longtime fans could help me put together a list of their favorite jayhawks tunes

my top 3 so far..... save it for a rainy day, i'm gonna make you love me, all the right reasons

what are your favorites??

My personal favourite album is 'Sound of Lies', the first album after Mark Olsen departed. Songs like 'Trouble', 'Up to You', 'Sound of Lies' 'Dying On The Vine' are beautiful. 'Hollywood Town Hall' is obviously chocked full of great songs and is the best place to start. Great band, but not enough 'grit' and 'experimentation' for my liking. I always following the Jayhawks and Wilco from the early days but the latter went down the 'YHF' route and Jayhawks went down the more 'twee' route with 'Rainy Day Music'.

• 1 month later...

This was on the Jayhawks and Gary's Myspace page with more to be added

Upcoming Shows ( view all )

May 29 2009 8:00P

Territorios Sevilla Festival Sevilla, Sevilla

May 30 2009 8:00P

Primavera Sound Festival Barcelona, Barcelona

Jul 10 2009 8:00P

Basilica Block Party Minneapolis, Minnesota

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

Listened to TTGG other day walking in the sunshine with headphones, with nothing to do but cruise, I was feeling good to say the least!

I bought that album a couple weeks ago having only ever heard Rainy Day Music...

Needless to say, it's fantastic.

:lol It's 1995 all over again!

True, except we are not all a crap load older...

I am certainly glad to see Mark and Gary finally decided to reform the old band. yeah!!

LouieB

The Jayhawks FanPage Home

05/17/09 The first release of the Jayhawks reissue project will be Music From The North Country: The Jayhawks Anthology a two disc compilation of Jayhawks album songs and rarities due out July 7th.

Music From The North Country: The Jayhawks Anthology

DISC ONE: Two Angels / Ain

Looking at that anthology I'd forgotton how many great tunes the Jayhawks put out. Looking forward to hearing disk two and the bonus disc. Whats everyone's favourite jayhawks record. I'm a massive fan of 'Sound of Lies' but it doesn't seem to get as much love at 'HTH' and 'TTGG'.

Looking at that anthology I'd forgotton how many great tunes the Jayhawks put out. Looking forward to hearing disk two and the bonus disc. Whats everyone's favourite jayhawks record. I'm a massive fan of 'Sound of Lies' but it doesn't seem to get as much love at 'HTH' and 'TTGG'.

Top 4

HTH

TTGG

Blue Earth

Sound of Lies

I recently got a bunch of cds out of storage after moving and found Sound of Lies in one of the boxes. Probably my second favorite Jayhawks record after Hollywood Town Hall. It's been fun getting reacquainted with it.

I, too, really like Sound of Lies. A very, very solid disc.

Hollywood Town Hall will always be my favorite....it's SO great. But on certain days I'd put Sound of Lies at least even with Tomorrow the Green Grass.

Listened to TTGG other day walking in the sunshine with headphones, with nothing to do but cruise, I was feeling good to say the least!

Sounds like a blissful moment to me! There is something about that album that can make me feel as young as I was in '95!

I'm a massive fan of 'Sound of Lies' but it doesn't seem to get as much love at 'HTH' and 'TTGG'.

You are right, it doesn't get mentioned as much as the two you mentioned but I think it may possibly be the best Jayhawks album.