Hot Stove League '07-'08

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they could have lost one of those series. they could have just as easily shit the bed against the angels. with santana it would be really really unlikely that they could lose a five or seven game series. Schilling would be a #5 in that rotation.

And you're implication that he is making 50 million in profits doesn't take into account that the team is actually paying a lease to play in their terrible stadium, and doesn't get any consessions or parking money. It doesn't take into account minor league contracts, coaching staff, or mnagement.

Just curious, but how much money do the Marlins put back into the organIzation? It's hard to believe that the Marlins are taking in that much money in revenue sharing, TV, radio, etc. and then re-investing it in "soft areas" such as minor league contracts, coaching staff, or management when the projected payroll of the actual MLB for 2008 may not top $10 million.

Maybe cause you are a Red Sox fan? Are you in Boston area? Only the fans can overlook such evil doings.

I know I wouldnt mind if the Cubs won WS then afterwards go out and get the posibly best pitcher in baseball for the last few years. Let the winning domination continue as long as its my team.

Red Sox catching up fast. Santana would be a big leap in the Yankee evil levels.

The Yankees will always be more evil than the Red Sox, or any other team in any sport.

That's just a natural fact.

Maybe so. Yankees is the Emperor, while Red Sox is just Darth Maul. Red Sox definitely part of the dark side now.

the red sox are always just one goofy dance, silly player comment or dating show away from being idiots again so don't lump them in too quick.

I couldn't care less that people equate BOS to NYY. Or that people are sick of hearing about them.

Good.

I spent the majority of my life rooting for a BOS team that fell short year after year after year. It's about time the worm has turned and I'm happy to be in the situation we're in. I like having "my" team be consistently competitive.

The comparisons are valid and who cares?

I couldn't care less that people equate BOS to NYY. Or that people are sick of hearing about them.

Good.

I spent the majority of my life rooting for a BOS team that fell short year after year after year. It's about time the worm has turned and I'm happy to be in the situation we're in. I like having "my" team be consistently competitive.

The comparisons are valid and who cares?

Yeah, thats how it is. I would feel the same if it was my loser team.