Hot Stove League '07-'08

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NHL lockout is the greatest thing that ever happened to the Tigers. Factual.

I don't know. 1984 was pretty special. As was Denny McLain beating Bob Gibson in the 1968 WS. But as far as the current Tigers are concerned, Illitch already spent pretty heavily on Rodriguez before the lockout -- so the spending spree was under way. I think hiring Dave Dombrowski was the greatest thing that has happened to them.

I can tell you that Sheffield and Ordonez are certainly smiling with the thought of Cabrera hitting behind them.

On another note, here's a pretty scathing article about Loria, et al. and his penny-pinching.

http://www.miamiherald.com/591/story/334009.html

I didn't read it, but if not Dave Hyde, Greg Cote would be the worst columnist in South Florida.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnis...ory/332399.html

Dan Le Batard may be hated, but he's twice the columnist Cote is.

I don't know. 1984 was pretty special. As was Denny McLain beating Bob Gibson in the 1968 WS. But as far as the current Tigers are concerned, Illitch already spent pretty heavily on Rodriguez before the lockout -- so the spending spree was under way. I think hiring Dave Dombrowski was the greatest thing that has happened to them.

Those were great things that the Tigers did, not that happened to them.

[/nitpick]

They were just discussing this rumor on WFAN:

Hideki Matsui to SF Giants

What was wrong with the guy they had in left last year? :shifty

Jose Guillen just signed a contract that will pay him more than the Marlins' entire roster, barring any signings.

i may be the only one, but i think this signing has a chance of panning out for the royals

Those who pay the closest attention realize he's not great anymore, but the more casual fans (which is most of them) fucking love him.

I've always just appreciated what he does behind the plate. He calls great games. IMO

The NHL lockout is the greatest thing that ever happened to the Tigers. Factual.

That and an NHL salary cap

1 year/$10 million? Wow.

I didn't see him pitch before the Sox got him last year but his numbers were pretty good.

Gagne has had a string of injuries the last 4-5 years. Spending $10 M on him seems ludicrous considering their payroll.

Team uniform designs have always been a big deal for me. When I was still doing graphic design I had an interview with the firm that designed the Patriots logo. Damn that would have been my dream job!

So, with that said, I'm diggin' the Phils jerseys, mainly because it's an alternate. For everyday it would suck. The Royals jerseys look great, but are they going to wear them with white pants? After seeing them in all light blue for all those years in the 70's & 80's, it looks like a mistake.

Y'know what team really disappoints me uni-wise? The White Sox. They used to change up their look about every 3 -5 years. They've had the same boring unis for nearly 20 years now. C'mon guys! If someone would tell Reinsdorf how much $$$ he could make when everyone buys new replicas, he might get with it. (He is still the owner, right?)