• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see that video posted at the link you posted. I just saw that posted on The Office Tally last night. I don't listen to NPR or read their website - except for a few times when a new album has been posted there for preview.

Watched it this morning. Still a funny episode, but hardly having any of the funny, memorable lines of yore. So I'm kind of indifferent. Miner's and Toby's talking heads were by far the funniest parts of the episode.

Pam leaving? You could tell by the middle of the episode. It's nice (and obviously everyone will come back to the office), but man that's weird.

That's good news! This is a Wire, not an Office spoiler...

I'm only halfway through season 2 of The Wire & stupid John Roderick tweeted about Omar capping Stringer. Grr...

Wow, that sucks. A truly huge moment from The Wire.

• 2 weeks later...

The show has ceased playing to its strengths, and it's becoming nearly unwatchable.

The new paper company storyline isn't working, and it's robbed the show of its best asset, which is Jim and Pam torturing Dwight. And as always, they need less Michael and a lot more Creed.

Also, as much as I like Ed Helms, his character needs to die. Now.

The show has ceased playing to its strengths, and it's becoming nearly unwatchable.

The new paper company storyline isn't working, and it's robbed the show of its best asset, which is Jim and Pam torturing Dwight. And as always, they need less Michael and a lot more Creed.

Also, as much as I like Ed Helms, his character needs to die. Now.

Can't agree with this. I think the last few episodes have been fantastic -- the best in a long time. The new storyline has given the show a much-needed shot in the arm. It allows for new dynamics between the same old characters. You can't have Jim and Pam torturing Dwight in every episode for five years. I like that Dwight is making Jim miserable for once, and Pam has been given much more to do.

Creed is only funny in very small doses. Anytime they try to do anything more, it doesn't work. I think the writers have realized this and cut him back to one-liners.

I'm glad the show is shaking things up a little. I don't expect this Michael Scott Paper Co. thing to last forever, but I'll take it as a welcome change of pace.

Meh. In an hour of new material last night I laughed maybe twice.

I guess maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm beginning to think that it's time that the American series does what the British one did, and make a hasty exit while it can.

It's hard for me to say this, because I was enjoying the beginning of this season quite a bit, but the show's recent direction just isn't bringing the laffs for me anymore, and any device they use now to restore Michael and Pam to their previous positions will be too ridiculous even for a thoroughly ridiculous show.

My guess is that Bob Vance will persuade Phyllis to sue Charles for hitting her with the soccer ball, and David will either fire him or pack him off to another branch, then welcome back Michael as a means of plugging the hole quickly. Which shouldn't happen, even in the totally unrealistic world of the show.

i might not have laughed very much last night, but i at least found the episodes tolerable instead of actively hating them. i'm interested in how they're going to keep this paper company storyline going.

also, ryan as that burnout bowling alley employee was great. it's totally unbelievable but probably the best part of those episodes.

also, some new characters are nice to have in the mix, since this show, even if it had continued to be funny, would have gotten a little stale.

edit: What'd you guys think of Parks and Rec?

I loved it. I see all sorts of potential with this show and I can't wait to see more episodes. Some of the details, such as angry community meetings, were spot on, and other details, such as the wall mural in the government building depicting an indian corpse, were only slightly exaggerated. Maybe it's too early to say this after only one episode, but I think Rashida Jones is a better fit for this show than The Office.