That was a great great great episode. I was actually laughing/yelling at my wife to turn it during Jim's/Michael's toast because it was going so terribly wrong. She was watching with her hands over her eyes.

I love that the whole office was ready to score at the wedding.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The episode definitely had some great stuff, but I feel this show slipping downward, and I fear that when people look back, this wedding episode will be seen as the moment when the show teetered on the precipice just prior to its swift descent.

In the interest of full disclosure, I started losing my faith last season, so I'm probably conditioned to react cynically to a "major television event" such as this one. That said, there were a handful of laugh-out-loud moments last night, so I'll hold out some hope that they prove me wrong.

She was watching with her hands over her eyes.

I was too. It was so uncomfortably funny! And how great was it that Jim was the one that screwed up? I feel that Jim and Micheal will either get closer or come to blows before the end of the season. The show is still funny, but I give it one more season.

I might just be slow, but I think they kind of messed up the climax scene - the weave of cuts between the guests dancing down the aisle and the ferry shots. Up until Jim & Pam were actually being married on the ferry, I thought the ferry happened after the church, that all the guests were there with them at the ferry. I thought this because the first cut to ferry scene was a quick shot of J&P in their ponchos with a bunch of people behind them, boarding the ferry. I thought this was the followup, the pre-reception or something. When I finally figured it out, it was obvious, and felt a little dumb that hadn't 'gotten' that. But, it could've been helped if the initial shot of the ferry scene was J&P getting out of their car at the dock or something. Would've been more clear for dummies like me and the awful dancing would've been a lot more tolerable.

I might just be slow, but I think they kind of messed up the climax scene - the weave of cuts between the guests dancing down the aisle and the ferry shots. Up until Jim & Pam were actually being married on the ferry, I thought the ferry happened after the church, that all the guests were there with them at the ferry. I thought this because the first cut to ferry scene was a quick shot of J&P in their ponchos with a bunch of people behind them, boarding the ferry. I thought this was the followup, the pre-reception or something. When I finally figured it out, it was obvious, and felt a little dumb that hadn't 'gotten' that. But, it could've been helped if the initial shot of the ferry scene was J&P getting out of their car at the dock or something. Would've been more clear for dummies like me and the awful dancing would've been a lot more tolerable.

I got a bit lost when they took off from the church, and then came back, and then what you said.

I love this show, and it is the only comedy show I watch.

As soon as I saw that painting, I knew NBC would create some sort of merchandise out of it.

I thought it was funny - in that Michael and others were REALLY into it, and Pam and Jim were like "yeah yeah yeah, we've seen it on youtube. It's been done."

What happened to Jim's tie?

He cut it because Pam was upset that her veil got ripped. (You can watch it online to see how that happened.)

Ah so.

Another funny moment - I loved that Michael was putting claims on "What happens in Niagara stays in Niagara" as HIS joke, and then when Dwight pointed out that you could basically put anything into that phrase, such as "What happens in accounting stays in accounting" all the accounting people were like "yeahhhhh!!! heh heh heh"

i thought last nights Office was just outstanding and i was crying i was laughing so hard during a lot of it (mostly Pam's phone call to Jim after Andy tore his sack "and Andy is in my room icing his balls" :rotfl). My wife and I had to rewind it numerous times to catch things we missed while laughing so loud/hard.

Community is pretty damn funny too, but sometimes tries too hard to reference 80's movies so far.

Community is pretty damn funny too, but sometimes tries too hard to reference 80's movies so far.

Did you see that the series premiere was dedicated to John Hughes? I thought that was maybe why they crammed so much "Breakfast Club" shtick into the ep. But Ahbed's John Bender monologue had us rolling.

Did you see that the series premiere was dedicated to John Hughes? I thought that was maybe why they crammed so much "Breakfast Club" shtick into the ep. But Ahbed's John Bender monologue had us rolling.

could be...

there were a bunch more movie references in last nights episode too.

i feel like so far the show is really really good, but just shy of being truly great. the character development has been really good so far in only what 4-5 episodes? but in time can see getting tired of the "sitting around the table" aspect that makes up a good portion of the show...

could be...

there were a bunch more movie references in last nights episode too.

Ah... haven't seen last night's episode yet.

I'm not saying it's like Arrested Development great or anything, but I can say it's the first new show that's come along in the last few years that I really enjoy watching. I'm curious to see where they take it.