• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch Community, and Parks and Recreation (now), but still feel they are Office clones (in some ways). I have to say that the Community Halloween episode was funny as hell. Abed is the man.

Cool ABED Films

Yes. I agree.

That episode was I think my favorite episode out of any of the 4 shows on Thursday night this season.

Parks & Recreation keeps getting better too. I also feel that 30 Rock is getting off to a slow start.

I'm not sure how Community seems like The Office besides being set in a closed environment like a community college as opposed to an office.

Although, here we go again with another will-they or won't-they with Britta and Jeff.

Parks & Recreation is from the same creator of the American Office, Greg Daniels. As I'm sure you know.

So that to me obviously feels like the bigger clone, but it doesn't matter much because the characters are pretty great.

So, I never watch the Office, but they were filming at the school I teach at. On my hallway where my classroom is to be exact. One of the characters apparantly starts a reading room in the local high school, which, being Van Nuys Middle School, is neither local nor a high school. Also out in front of the school they put clumps of snow by the main entrance and some barren fake trees to make it look like winter. Of course it was actually 95 degrees. Has this episode aired yet? They filmed about a month ago. Is this an ongoing plot line? It will be funny to see what they do with it. The next day they also filmed downstairs in another hallway for Parks & Recreation. Only in LA.

I tried at the start, but I can't bear two seconds of Community.

I don't care for Community, either. It has no personality; in fact, it has nothing but the high-concept premise, which means that none of the characters are more than their cookie-cutter, one-sentence descriptions.

Abed as Batman was pretty funny, though.

Parks & Recreation keeps getting better too. I also feel that 30 Rock is getting off to a slow start.

Yeah, this one seems to be hitting it's stride pretty quickly. I am a big fan of Amy Poehler which helps.

Last nights Parks and Rec was the best yet. Favorite line:

"On a scale of 1 to Chris Brown, how pissed was he?"

I have to say, that episode was funny as hell. The ending of The Office last night was oddly unsatisfying.

From The Onion:

'The Office' Ends As Documentary Crew Gets All The Footage It Needs

November 23, 2009 | Issue 45•48

SCRANTON, PA—After nearly six years on the air, NBC's hit show The Office ended abruptly Thursday when documentary filmmaker Ian Sheffield announced that he and his crew had all the footage of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company's Scranton branch required for their project. "In retrospect, we really over-shot this thing by an enormous margin," said Sheffield, adding that he likely had more than enough good material after filming a British workplace from 2001 to 2003. "We would have finished much earlier if one employee or another didn't insist on being interviewed every three minutes. And I have no idea why we were invited to Jim and Pam's wedding. All of that stuff is totally unusable." Sheffield said that the footage will be drastically cut down and used primarily as B-roll for the planned 90-minute educational film about paper manufacture and production.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I never watch the Office, but they were filming at the school I teach at. On my hallway where my classroom is to be exact. One of the characters apparantly starts a reading room in the local high school, which, being Van Nuys Middle School, is neither local nor a high school. Also out in front of the school they put clumps of snow by the main entrance and some barren fake trees to make it look like winter. Of course it was actually 95 degrees. Has this episode aired yet? They filmed about a month ago. Is this an ongoing plot line? It will be funny to see what they do with it. The next day they also filmed downstairs in another hallway for Parks & Recreation. Only in LA.

Mr. Kinsley,

I think this week's episode is the one of which you are speaking about.

Take a look at the synopsis:

Scott's Tots

Michael is forced to face the music after he realizes he can’t keep a promise he made to a group of kids 10 years ago. Meanwhile, Jim starts an employee of the month program to increase employee morale.

• 1 month later...

The Sabre Corporation

I have to say that last episode was not so great. I can't believe they did a clips show (The Banker).

I agree completely. It doesn't flow well at all with their structure of a "documentary" style.

So I guess by the show standards Toby showed the "guy" clips from the office from the documentary crew?

A waste of an episode.

Is this the company that's buying Dunder Mifflin?

the Scott's Totts episode was damn funny. the rest.....take it or leave it.

My favorite comedies on TV right now, in order

Big Bang Theory

Modern Family

Community

Parks and Rec

The Middle

The Office

Parks and Rec has gotten way better this year. And how often have there been 2 TV shows set in Indiana on at the same time?!?! (Parks and Rec & The Middle). Go Hoosier state!

Scrubs is better now that JD finally left, but still not great. My wife likes Cougar Town but I just don't get it.

Is this the company that's buying Dunder Mifflin?

the Scott's Totts episode was damn funny. the rest.....take it or leave it.

My favorite comedies on TV right now, in order

Big Bang Theory

Modern Family

Community

Parks and Rec

The Middle

The Office

Parks and Rec has gotten way better this year. And how often have there been 2 TV shows set in Indiana on at the same time?!?! (Parks and Rec & The Middle). Go Hoosier state!

Scrubs is better now that JD finally left, but still not great. My wife likes Cougar Town but I just don't get it.

Yes

Kathy Bates will be in the episode this coming Thursday.

The hunting episode of Parks and Recreation was great.

I like Community (now) - but I hope they don't have Jack Black on again.

Scrubs is better now that JD finally left, but still not great.

I could have sworn last year was the last season for Scrubs. I haven't watched it at all this year... I only watched the last season due to my sense of loyalty.

I love Community, but I love pretty much anything Joel McHale does.

I'm going crazy anticipating the LOST premiere...

we continue to like the Office. I think we're just biased because we caught up on the whole U.S. series over the past 9 months, and still like the characters so much.

love Big Bang Theory

love Parks and Recreation (this doesn't get near enough media attention in my book)

love Modern Family

we tried Community 3 times at the beginning and just couldn't watch it. is it better now?

Cougartown is torture. It's worse than How I Met Your Mother.

oh and the new scrubs is not quite as painful as cougartown, but it's trying.