• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the feeling they are just doing a version of The Office in a different setting.

That's a valid argument.

But you could just as easily say the Cosby Show was just Family Ties in a different setting.

I never watched those shows. I just thought Leslie Knope reminded me somewhat of Michael Scott.

Oh, well how about Alf is just Diff'rent Strokes, except instead of adopting Arnold and Willis, the family takes in Gordon Shumway from Melmac. B)

You're right about the similarities, there are definitely a number of parallels between the two shows in terms of style, characters and character relationships.

Diff'rent Strokes - that one I know. I figured Parks and Recreation was going to be like The Office, as the same people are working on it. Plus - once something is a hit, the networks try to copy it, and hope it will do just as well.

This episode is a lot better than the previous two.

Agreed.

I'm still not thrilled with the direction the show is going, but this one was pretty good.

They need to work through this storyline so they can return to one that doesn't lean so heavily on the major players. I think I like the show better when everyone else is involved -- Toby, Oscar, Kevin, Stanley, Creed, Angela, etc. ... have most of them even appeared recently? I think Phyllis had one line last night, but I can't say I remember any of the rest of them speaking.

Toby had lines in the Michael Scott Paper Company episode, speaking from upstairs in the bathroom. Sad to say, but he probably had the funniest lines that episode, and he wasn't even seen in it. There hasn't really been a lot of anyone except the major characters, which does suck.

Probably what helped last night's episode was not focusing on the Charles dislikes Jim plot, because A. it's not a great plot to begin with and B. they went through with that at least 5x an episode and was old by the end of the first episode they did it.

I knew they would be getting Michael and Pam back in there soon, but I was surprised that Ryan was thrown in there as well. I guess B.J. Novak is tired of just being the writer again. I thought that scene in the kitchen was a bit odd, but I guess Jim had already set up Charles with the whole prodding of Dwight about the bees.

I've been down on this show lately but after last night's episode I suppose there's a chance it'll get back on track.

Even if it does, I hope they'll not try to keep it going endlessly. It's already gone far longer than the British version, and I'm not sure how much longer it can retain any freshness it might still have left. Maybe another season after this one and then call it a day.

And yeah, the Korean lady was a highlight.

I didn't think it would be that easy to get rid of Charles. I love Jim, but liked that Charles didn't.

I was kinda hoping for some Michael vs Charles epiosodes.

OK last nights episode was nto the best, but I loved the whole casual day theme. Meredith was hilarious.

Q: Where is your underwear?

A: It's casual day!

I love creeed too, and he seemed extra creepy yesterday in a weird way for him.

I was hoping for a good episode last night, and while it wasn't a bad one, I found it disappointing.

Meh. It was the first one with Michael and Pam back at Dunder Mifflin. Maybe they'll find their stride again.

My 14-year old son was laughing hysterically at the opening bit with Kevin and the chili.

It was pretty well done.

I thought that was odd - as it did not lead into the story of the show.

I noticed that on My Name Is Earl and The Office last night Earl and Jim both made references to past episodes.