• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41naXx34auL._SS500_.jpg
Patton on Blu Ray?

That might be the best movie ever, imo, and probably the single best acting performance. Wish I had Blu Ray now.

honestly, i can;t say enough about how it looks, stunning is really the only word.

1667move.jpg

natural_born_killers_BR.jpg

200px-Tanner_88_DVD.jpg

dogdayafternoonbluray.jpg

3128q6CegiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I've never been a huge Petty fan but this doc is giving me some newfound respect for the guy. He really has written a lot of great songs and he must be commended for maintaining his integrity through all the record company woes that came his way.

I liked Charlie Wilson's War. Philip Seymour Hoffman is an acting god.

I loved it. Getting a little Philip Seymour Hoffman'ed out by now (Just saw Before the DEvil Knows You're Dead & The Savages plus probably something else I can't remember). If you like him you should see Love Liza (music by Jim O'Rourke) and Owning Mahoney.

I've never been a huge Petty fan but this doc is giving me some newfound respect for the guy. He really has written a lot of great songs and he must be commended for maintaining his integrity through all the record company woes that came his way.

Downloading, can't wait to see it.

6585.jpg

The Last Mistress / dir. Catherine Breillat

Loved it. It's probably the best thing Breillat has ever done.

truck.JPG

Decent enough blaxploitation flick. Fans of Star Trek will get a kick out of a bad-ass Lt. Uhuru (Nichelle Nichols) yelling at her ho's.

Wall-E was amazing. I love that the last two Pixar movies have been very slow moving. There's no forced action, everything just feels natural and happens naturally. I think Wall-E and Ratatouille are my two favorites (not to mention both are among the most visually stunning movies ever created.)

My brother just bought this and I am going to his place tomorrow to check it out. Really looking forward to it.

Wall-E was amazing. I love that the last two Pixar movies have been very slow moving. There's no forced action, everything just feels natural and happens naturally. I think Wall-E and Ratatouille are my two favorites (not to mention both are among the most visually stunning movies ever created.)

Just got back from this, and yeah, pretty much what you said. There were parts of this one where I could almost swear it was real and not CGI.

Just got back from this, and yeah, pretty much what you said. There were parts of this one where I could almost swear it was real and not CGI.

The scenes on Earth were stunning, but in a very somber way. The trip from earth to the Axiom was breathtaking.

we watched gone baby gone yesterday afternoon and I just couldn't get grabbed by it. I wasn't in the greatest state of mind when I watched, so maybe that was part of it, but I kept thinking "yes, here comes another plot twist, who gives a shit?" I'll probably need to give it another try at some point. Besides, that Michelle Msomething is nice to watch

there's a scene towards the end of affleck driving that is the exact same shot as in good will hunting--except he was sitting in the back seat in gwh. I half-expected Elliot Smith to start singing.

tonight: empire of the sun (wife's never seen it)

The girlfriend got to pick the movie yesterday and was adamant in seeing "Wanted." She liked it, I thought it was barely passable and had nothing really special going for it. Part of the problem was the character voiceover, which sounded like it was ripped directly from Fight Club. It didn't help that the lead character starts off like Ed Norton in Fight Club all meek and whatnot. The action set pieces were Matrix meets John Woo--so over the top that you actually had to laugh. The characters were for the most part 1 dimensional. The lead actor did a pretty good job salvaging the film for a while, but the ludicrous story sinks the thing in the end.