u53484l4o53.jpg

The director, Peter Hedges, also directed Pieces of April as well as wrote the screenplay for About a Boy and the novel, What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I went to the same H.S. as him, so I follow his work fairly closely. This was a good movie, but not as good as his other efforts. Could've done without Dane Cook.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Breaking Bad.

Saw the pilot in in February and have just got caught up through the first season via surf the channel.

'He's the smartest dumb guy I know'

key_art_789x349.jpg

That one and the other AMC show Mad Men are 2 of my current favorites :).

When he kicked the grandmother in the face, my wife laughed so hard she embarrassed both of us.

I literally fell out of my chair in the theater. That was just about the funniest thing I ever saw.

That and Shaun of the Dead are two of my favorite movies ever.

51RCPP964JL._SS500_.jpg
I wasn't crazy about King Corn.

I wonder if you noticed the same thing I did - and I think it's a trend in popular documentaries lately - there were many times I wasn't sure whether some scenes were staged or not. For example, when they are first looking at their acre and the the farmer tells them that 8 rows is an acre, one of the guys starts walking away from the camera and measuring it out ("one, two, three") and the shot switches to a view from above (from inside the farmhouse I'm guessing) and he's walking, measuring, counting. Now, in a feature I'd accept that, but it's a documentary. It says to me that he did that twice, so they could get two different shots of it? I don't like that.

Also, we never learn how they came across the diabetic cabbie from Brooklyn. Was he a friend? Did they just stumble upon him? If it was by chance, why not show that part? It made me question how much of a chance encounter the scene with the "CORN FED" man in the McDonald's parking lot was.

So these are just a couple of examples of, from my view, non-documentarian aspects of a supposed documentary.

Mostly I liked the film though because it was informative. I had no idea how prevalent corn is in the daily diet of America.

We watched Lions for Lambs last night. Too simplistic and preachy for anyone paying attention.

That movie sucked. I appreciated the idea, showing how these three different worlds are connected but it was so boring and forced.

I watched Cape Fear last night. Fucking awesome. DeNiro can play one creepy motherfucker. Cinematography was great too. I like the whole Hitchcock feel to it. It worked unlike Shamalamalamalamalan.

Mostly I liked the film though because it was informative. I had no idea how prevalent corn is in the daily diet of America.

me too, especially having been a big fan of the omnivore's dilemma and that follow up book (name escapes me right now).

watching right now...this is a wild movie film

tracey_fragments_ver2.jpg