• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Hollinger.

85da810ae7a0f68873789110._AA240_.L.jpg

Just finished this... probably the least of Romero's zombie movies, but it had some interesting ideas. Not sure if maybe it wasn't done better in Redacted, but it's worth a watch. The last shot is a beauty.

God, I love Ingrid Bergman.

She was not, however, in Mongol, which we saw Friday night. A pretty good movie from the director of Prisoner of the Mountains about the rather stressful early life and rise to power of Temujin, later Genghis Khan. BEAUTIFUL photography. I guess it's the first in a trilogy. I was struck by the similarity of the Mongols to Native Americans, which makes sense because they are cousins.

notorious-hitchcock.jpg

I've said it before but that's probably my favorite Hitch-Flick.

God, I love Ingrid Bergman.

Yup.

NW:

51N4vEbnjKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Light stuff. Turturro trying way to hard to channel Pachino. Although I love Binoche in just about everything I've ever seen her in (which is really only a handful of films).

Guest Moses

after finally getting into Rescue Me and loving the hell out of the first three seasons - still awaiting the 4th - i've decided to finally give this a try. love it so far. not quite Rescue Me - it's clear they hit their stride with their second series - but still good.

B0007NN6JC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

10,000 B.C. is monumentally dull.

I put that in and about 30 seconds in when I heard that cheesy voice over voice and saw the actors I turned it off. I was gonna go back to it. Thank you for reminding not to.

We just got done watching Stand By Me. I love that movie.

I even let my 6 and 10 year old watch it. They loved it, but if I hear one of them call someone a cock knocker, they're in for it.

hancock.jpg

The shifts in tone are sometimes abrupt, and the last third doesn't quite connect the dots seamlessly, but overall Hancock is very enjoyable, funny and surprising. I had a blast.

Plus, a Ryan Adams song ("Two") is featured during a dinner scene.

We just got done watching Stand By Me. I love that movie.

I even let my 6 and 10 year old watch it. They loved it, but if I hear one of them call someone a cock knocker, they're in for it.

When I would watch it as a kid, I'd lean my head against the tv screen and try to look down his shorts to see what was going on during the leeches scene.
Yes, but not as exciting as "Breach", another based on a true story spy thriller which came out around the same time. Chris Cooper is amazing in it.

Breach was good. Good shepherd was a bit boring and long and Jolie can blow my balls

I liked The Good Shepard much more than Breach - Breach was trying to be something it wasn't, where The Good Shepard was pretty comfortable with what it was.

We ought to be friends.