• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest David Puddy
I've watched some clips on youtube and that's pretty much how my friends treat each other. I think I'll like it.

yeah, i've found this to be true for me. my friends and i treat each other like shit. i very much enjoy the likeness here to my own circle of friends. you'll like it.

"Modern Marvels" on the History Channel. Topic: "High Tech Sex". I just heard someone say this: "In effect, they [Victorians] were waging a technological jihad against wet dreams and masturbation."

The only part that offends me about this is the use of the word "jihad". That just seems silly.

jpod2.jpg

Jpod on CBC. I was a little nervous when I heard this was going to be adapted for television, even with Coupland writing the script, but the first episode was surprisingly good. The cast is a little too TV-attractive (especially Cowboy and Kaitlin), but Ethan and his parents come across fairly well. The actress who plays his mom nails the character and a goofy Alan Thicke works surprisingly well as his dad. Can't wait to see if Coupland himself shows up when things go a big meta one on us.

"Modern Marvels" on the History Channel. Topic: "High Tech Sex". I just heard someone say this: "In effect, they [Victorians] were waging a technological jihad against wet dreams and masturbation."

The only part that offends me about this is the use of the word "jihad". That just seems silly.

I fell asleep while watching that same show last night but it was around 1:00 in the morning or so.

Finally got around to this which you people have raved about:

51UQA3RJNiL._AA240_.jpg

It was nice.

Also finally got around to watching the first episode of the new season of the L Word. That Shane...jeez!

I just watched this a couple of weeks ago. One of the most powerful and moving films I have seen in a while.

Agreed. I think it's one of the best of 2007--in my Top Five, probably.

Me too. What a perfect little movie. Marketa Irglova was absolutely enchanting, and Glen Hansard is the most likeable guy in the world, I think. They were both just so charming.

The songs were outstanding, too. I remember checking out The Frames a few years back and not liking them, but I'm definitely interested in listening to their new one.

I just watched this a couple of weeks ago. One of the most powerful and moving films I have seen in a while.

Agreed. I think it's one of the best of 2007--in my Top Five, probably.

This Is England was great.

Adding to my queue now!

We watched this last night. Really good documentary about the world record holders for the Donkey Kong arcade game. I enjoyed it, and can relate abit, being a nerdy gamer myself, haha.

kingofkonggs1.jpg

Eagle vs. Shark

I got a pretty good laugh out of this one with some great lines. You'll appreciate it if you were into Napoleon Dynamite humor.

Here's the trailer

I just saw this being a big Napolean and Flight of the Conchords fan. I thought it was ok, but doesnt compare to Napolean or Flight shows. Jermaine's humor is good and alot of the jokes are funny but overall not enough to keep the pace going. That being said, it should be watched by any Flight of the Conchords fan.