The Riviera Theater, Chicago, IL 02/18/08

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as this "after the show" is actually before the show, here are some pics Sam has taken of the polar bears...

2274848005_f8ff8181ab.jpg

2275645276_e71468a4f9.jpg

More:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samorama/

Now that's hardcore!

I can't believe I'm missing all the fun... AGAIN! :ohwell Whaaa, whaaa, etc. (Yet I continue to torture myself by reading these threads and lurking on Flickr.)

it was so freakin cold i stuffed newspaper into my shoes to keep my toes from freezing.

front row tho, stared at nels all night.

there was a guy taking some video footage for part of the show...to edit into the dvd later? hopefully there will be a dvd?

i can't hear.

just got back to wisc.....great show. many slow beautiful numbers.....i think Blue Eyed Soul sounded perfect. first song of night and they hit it right off the start!!!

very happy they played Should Have Been In Love and Pick Up The Change (dylan version-harmonica)

My Darling was a total surprise.

The Being There closers: Red Eyed and Blue - I Got You - Monday brought back a ton of memories of the good ole days. awesome energy and tons of fun.

oh sweet jesus. i really didnt think saturday night could be topped, but this came pretty damn close. i cant even be mad im missing the next 2 shows anymore, these first three were just so fucking incredible. it was totally worth standing in the freezing cold today...AH i just cant get over it. what an amazing set. still trying to find my words..maybe ill say more when i post my pictures and such

ps..will andrew bird just join the fucking band already?

What time is the crowd gathering outside before the show? I checked the weather for Chicago on Wednesday and it is saying 3 to -1, ouch.

got there are around 4:30, there were already 30-40 people in line. wish i had worn gloves, long underwear and thick socks.

however, jeff did advise us not to "do that" again, and make it a free for all instead

I didn't think Saturday could be topped. Tonight was amazing in its own right. So many songs I never thought I'd hear them play as a samo-come-lately at the end of the Bennett years!

As totally damn awesome as the shows have been I am having such a great time with all the folks at the shows! I hope this becomes an annual thing here. Two more nights of amazing music and ridiculous before and after times.

Bring it!!

Ps - Here's the Flickr Set for the show. I think I might be chilling in the balcony tomorrow night, so expect a lot of lights and specks that may be Wilco.

there was a guy taking some video footage for part of the show...to edit into the dvd later? hopefully there will be a dvd?

I am pretty certain there will be no official dvd. There were no video crews the first two nights, and the folks I talked to from the live crew said nothing about any video. They do record all of the audio, but were having some issues with that. Apart from the XRT broadcast, there is no indication there will be any official release of any of it.

Oh, and what the hell are people doing standing out in the cold for hours? There's really no reason, unless you absolutely need to be in the front row of the floor or the balcony. I got there right as doors were opening both nights, and did just fine...

got there are around 4:30, there were already 30-40 people in line. wish i had worn gloves, long underwear and thick socks.

however, jeff did advise us not to "do that" again, and make it a free for all instead

I saw you guys waiting outside as I passed by on the redline on my way to work. Tried to send some warm vibes in your direction. Hope it helped.

So lemme ask you all this: I am off tomorrow, and was planning on getting there early for a good view. Sweetie, however, can't make it til 7pmish. Were they cool about letting people down front that got there a wee bit later? Would it piss any of you all off if she was able to do this??? She's quite mousy and does not take up much room.

256308559_Z9DB3-M.jpg 256311234_69jNH-M.jpg

256313759_eVMCg-M.jpg 256314705_tiekQ-M.jpg

Photos from last night are up here (videos will go up when i make it back to cali..)

it was really great spending time with all you VCers. thanks for a fantastic weekend away from school..best "vacation" ive had in a long time! dont freeze out there today/tomorrow...ill send some warm weather vibez from LA! :lol enjoy the last two shows!!

~Morgan

They do record all of the audio, but were having some issues with that. Apart from the XRT broadcast, there is no indication there will be any official release of any of it.

As far as I'm aware whenever a show gets recorded for an official release they, of course record from the soundboard, but also

points microphones at the crowd so that they can mix both sources afterwards.

The sad thing is that I didn't read anyone reporting any microphones stands so far (apart from those from the fan tapers).

Hope I'm wrong though...

Samuel

What time is the crowd gathering outside before the show? I checked the weather for Chicago on Wednesday and it is saying 3 to -1, ouch.

It is also going to be worse today and tomorrow than yesterday.

Last night was a marvel. I am done in. Off to work. See you in the balcony tonight.

LouieB

As far as I'm aware whenever a show gets recorded for an official release they, of course record from the soundboard, but also

points microphones at the crowd so that they can mix both sources afterwards.

The sad thing is that I didn't read anyone reporting any microphones stands so far (apart from those from the fan tapers).

Hope I'm wrong though...

Samuel

yep, they had small microphones on stage pointed at the crowd..hope that means something! :)

Another great show, I really can't get enough of these...

Jeff: "We're going to play a few songs from our first album"

(Band puzzled)

Jeff: "Aren't we?"

Band: "No"

Jeff: "I mean we're going to play a song from the first album most of your bought"

Crowd: "Boo!"

(Band plays Jesus Etc)

Classic

Guest David Puddy
ps..will andrew bird just join the fucking band already?

i certainly would welcome this. even just the subtle violin on some tracks is pretty sweet. plus, he's a pretty sweet songwriter.