• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people don't remember the same kinds of things I do.

"I'm better at nostalgia." :pirate

Dude I'm right there with you.

Between "Battle of the planets" and the SST racers I think we'd have gotten along just fine as youngsters.

Speaking of old 70s-80s cartoons...

If you were in the vicinity of D.C. during that era you probably remember this guy.

DDC20-3h_640.jpg

magicgardenhead.jpg

I always wondered why I was attracted to girls who turned out to be attracted to other girls.

GIJoeAdvTeamCmdr.jpg

Looks like he's got a bit of 'Nam-era angst. I wonder if this is where Flav got the idea for the big clocks?

SpockFront.jpg

"The head sculpt on this figure is probably not as accurate as Mego could have been, with regard to the actor's likeness, but it is still a charming visage nonetheless. The head probably bears a closer resemblance to its animated counterpart rather than its real-life model. All this aside, though, the face sculpt does an admirable job of reflecting the inquisitive and emotionless qualities of the Vulcan, while still betraying the slightest bemusement at the foibles and failings of humans."

If you were in the vicinity of D.C. during that era you probably remember this guy.

OMG, Captain 20!!! :worship

I remember the one where he was "flying" Superman-style and then demonstrated how the blue-screen effect worked. That dude was awesome!

BTW, I may have missed it, but has anyone mentioned this yet?

321_Contact2.png

Also still in my mom's house, several hundred of these guys:

smurfs.jpg

and these:

SWSETOF96.JPG

ummmm do we have the same mom?? :omg

I have to say after looking through a lot of this thread, that I can easily say that toys were WAY better when we were kids.

I don't mean to sound like a crotchety old grump - but so many of the ones we grew up with require an imagination....like the adventure people, treehouse, little people, etc......nowadays (and I say this from experience of having a child) most toys light up, make sounds, etc and do all the work for you. I was always pretty appalled by the toy choices when Emily was little. I think I was the most upset when I went to buy her a little people set to find them made from really cheap plastic. The old school little people toys were made from wood, pressed board and some solid plastic. My mom still has a few of the sets, though a lot of pieces are missing.

If I ever have more kids, we are keeping toys to a minimum and I plan on cruising eBay for some decent old school little people stuff (no eBay when Em was little)

anyways, im nostalgic about these guys

61imc9W7lFL._AA280_.jpg

Eff that. Those guys could dissapear into the fabric of time, and I would be happy never hearing another peep. Unfortunately they will continue to assault my senses everytime I walk into a sports arena from here on out.