• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have a pic of one of those, but you brought this to mind (which my parents still proudly have on their house, although the neighborhood kids probably think its for attracting birds to sit on or something):

3671__Antenna.jpg

My father has spent no less than $58,000 on antenna's in his lifetime. "I'll be goddamned if I'll be in debt to those cable companies".

Tag (game)

Tag (also known as it, touch, tiggy, tick, chasing, chasemaster, chasey) is an informal playground game that usually involves two or more players attempting to "tag" other players by touching them with an object, usually their hands. Played throughout the world,[1] tag is inherently simple

showbizwe9.png
Holy crap! I'd forgotten about that place!

I'm big into old toys and all about Fisher Price (because the history is such that pretty much everyone you know has had the stuff going back for several generations). As proof of my love, I present you with this awkwardly posed photo of my bitchin' Little People tattoos (it's hard to see in the photo, but the boy has a halo and the girl has horns):

100_2043.jpg

I'll add more to them eventually and I'm thinking my next tattoo might be one of these happy fellas:

393447225_d67e1fac67-1.jpg

One of my other favorite FPs is:

FP915-EB141563691-B.jpg

I loooove this stuff! :wub

beezusramona.png

speaking of books......I loved all of the Ramona and Henry Huggins books. To this day, they remind me of warm summer nights, laying around in my cotton PJs and hearing the crickets and toads outside. :wub I would stay up late late finishing them.

100_2043.jpg

Love!!! And yes, I still have my Little People who look like those. My daughter plays with them when we visit my parents.

beezusramona.png

speaking of books......I loved all of the Ramona and Henry Huggins books. To this day, they remind me of warm summer nights, laying around in my cotton PJs and hearing the crickets and toads outside. :wub I would stay up late late finishing them.

Me too. :) I can't wait for Clara Jane to be old enough to get into the Beverly Clearey books, just so I have an excuse to reread them.

Is it possible to feel nostalgic for a time you didn't live in?
It totally is. I'm nostalgic for everyone's childhood. Even my Dad's who when I asked him what kinds of toys he played with as a kid, replied, "We used to use thread and a spool to make a yo yo and other times we would just runs spools back and forth across a string," and he wasn't joking. :blink

So, on behalf of my father,

woodspoolsm.jpg

230px-Intellivision_-_gi_1326971.jpg

god i loved intellivision and odyssey before it.

i still miss intelevision baseball, astrosmash and take the money and run.

and sking. and some navy battle game. i need to google intellivision games.