• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, so true. The Last in Line rocks just as much, no? I mean the first track pretty much says it all.

I don't think I have heard that album since the late 80s. It will interesting to see what he and the rest of Sabbath come up with - as they are working on a new album. I suppose a lot of people are bummed out - but from what I have read, they got tired of waiting for Ozzy - as they want to do some new stuff, and he has been hesitate. But then, I have also read that they are going to do something with Ozzy next year - so, who knows.

I don't think I have heard that album since the late 80s. It will interesting to see what he and the rest of Sabbath come up with - as they are working on a new album. I suppose a lot of people are bummed out - but from what I have read, they got tired of waiting for Ozzy - as they want to do some new stuff, and he has been hesitate. But then, I have also read that they are going to do something with Ozzy next year - so, who knows.

Dio is a hell of a lot less burnt than Ozzy is, so I don't blame them for wanting to move on. (Shit, this was as true in 1979 as it is in 2008.)

Dio is a hell of a lot less burnt than Ozzy is, so I don't blame them for wanting to move on. (Shit, this was as true in 1979 as it is in 2008.)

I have a feeling that has something to do with it - and Dio's wife (Wendy - his manager), being not as difficult to deal with as Sharon - or so I have read.

So this new Metallica album is better than the last one, but man James' voice sounds awfully weak on a number of the tracks. But the guitar is pretty great.

I think there is a thread - if you want to see what people think, I mean to say. I didn't much care for it - but as I said, I am not really into them anymore. I take it you have heard all the other albums?

If not, check these out:

1983: Kill 'Em All

1984: Whiplash

1984: Ride the Lightning

1986: Master of Puppets

1987: The $5.98 E.P.: Garage Days Re-Revisited

1988: ...And Justice for All

So this new Metallica album is better than the last one, but man James' voice sounds awfully weak

That could be because Rick Rubin suggested they tune up to standard tuning, which is higher than the last few records. I'm sure its tough for him to sing higher now than it was back in the day.

• 1 month later...

I like this on their myspace: Sounds Like "...a bunch of bison being pushed over a cliff."

I have never seen that one. I made a Dio LOL photo that I am saving for just the right occasion.

I really hope that day comes soon.

The Sword are pretty cool - great old school metal rhythms - if nothing else.

The Frost Giant's Daughter

I think I used that as a title for a D&D adventure once.

EDIT: They are pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...