Iommi may regret it being out there but it is a hell of a version. I can seriously imagine being half assed drunk and cutting a rug to that! The quality of the clip is fantastic. You are right of course about Ward being a great drummer. The Sabs used to be my only band when I was in school... Deep Purple, Zeppelin and those were all just second place as far as I was concerned.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's powerful stuff. You either dig it, or you don't.

That Blue Suede Shoes clip is from the dvd that came with the black box re-masters.

1. Black Sabbath

2. Paranoid

3. Iron Man

4. Blue Suede Shoes

The songs on the DVD are more commonly known "The Beat Club Footage". It's been available before elsewhere, but the version on Black Box looks to have been visually cleaned up like the audio discs have, too. There is no further content on the DVD.

Just saw this comment on one of the YT videos:

From a 70's Cheech and Chong sketch

"What made you drop out?"

"One day I played Black Sabbath at 78 speed."

"And then what happened?"

"I saw God."

:lol

I'm listening to Vol 4. It's such a great album. It sounds amazing, which is incredible, considering how they were living at the time.

That breakdown section in Supernaut is just so cool. Bill Ward shines on the album in general.

Vol 4 is my fav sabbath album. I just love it.

As for Mastodon I already expressed my all out love for the band in their thread. I would add as far as the new album goes the 3:44 mark in the Czar is fucking vile. I love the way the riffs just take off for the next 4 min of that song. I can't help but crank that shit up.

You guys digging Mastodon should check out Baroness and High on Fire if you have not already they are awesome metal bands too.

I'm listening to Vol 4. It's such a great album. It sounds amazing, which is incredible, considering how they were living at the time.

That breakdown section in Supernaut is just so cool. Bill Ward shines on the album in general.

Vol. 4 is easily my favorite Sabbath. I remember reading it was their Cocaine album which is pretty obvious considering "Snowblind". I'm trying to teach my daughter the chords to "Laguna Sunrise" just so I can play along.

At least they are doing something - while Ozzy does a stupid ass TV show.

Bill Ward Talks about Sabbath Re-Issues (video interview)

Christ, I SAW that show. It was so awful, I wanted to call the White House to get Obama to sign an executive order banning it from ever being shown again. I pictured Tony Iommi and Alan Moore hanging out and watching it and going, "This is shite."

Vol 4 is my fav sabbath album. I just love it.

As for Mastodon I already expressed my all out love for the band in their thread. I would add as far as the new album goes the 3:44 mark in the Czar is fucking vile. I love the way the riffs just take off for the next 4 min of that song. I can't help but crank that shit up.

You guys digging Mastodon should check out Baroness and High on Fire if you have not already they are awesome metal bands too.

I have the Baroness "Red album" and it is really good. I think I like it better than the Mastodon. Have not heard anything else from them. Never heard High on Fire either.

It is a bit of a shame to see the media joke that Oz has turned into though. I never had much time for his solo stuff either. I think I had moved on by that stage.

I think his first two are cool - after that, he is just a parody of himself.

Yep, and he never ever found anyone who could touch Randy Rhoads.