• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Whitesnake on the bill at Indy? I believe Whitesnake will be playing with them up here in Chicago. Seems like an odd pairing and a different fan base (perhaps that's the point).

Sad Wings, Sin after Sin, Stained Glass, and Unleashed in the East were always my favorite. British Steel and beyond they kinda lost me. Of course I started to listened them (through MTV and radio, mostly) in the early/mid 80's, but I always liked there older stuff better.

I told Eric if Whitesnake was on the bill here I would just sit in the lobby and drink Sierra Nevadas until Coverversion & Co. were done. :stunned

I told Eric if Whitesnake was on the bill here I would just sit in the lobby and drink Sierra Nevadas until Coverversion & Co. were done. :stunned

I'm scared to admit this, but several times a year, for no apparent reason I get the Whitesnake song "Slide It In," stuck in my head. I don't think I've heard that song in 20 years, yet still it's in my subconscious swimming around for some awful reason.

I think your safe, according the Judas Priest website, Whitesnake is not on the bill. I made the mistake of going to the Whitesnake.com website---I think it has to be the worst website ever, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I have have to admit I saw Whitesnake, with Faster Pussycat opening, at Popular Creek in the late 80's sometime. At least Steve Vai was with them at the time.

I think Faster Pussycat could've been more successful if they were from NYC in 1973. They really aren't a far stretch from the NY Dolls, Johnny Thunders aside. Maybe Hanoi Rocks would be the bridge between the Dolls and FP.

Of course, early Whitesnake is a different deal than what they became in the 80s.

Of course, early Whitesnake is a different deal than what they became in the 80s.

I wasn't familiar with their early music, but a friend of mine who was stationed in Germany late 70s - early '80s saw them at some big festival over there then and said they were quite good. I guees they fell prey to the same thing a lot of bands did then - power ballads, MTV etc etc.. :barf

It's a different trip, that's for sure. I've always thought that Sad Wings Of Destiny sounds almost like an early Queen album.

Sad wings of Destiny is such an under rated album. Victim of changes was a huge influence on my life in high school. God help me I love Dreamer Deceiver.

Sad wings of Destiny is such an under rated album. Victim of changes was a huge influence on my life in high school. God help me I love Dreamer Deceiver.

It's actually the only Judas Priest album I have ever owned. It's a shame that they don't own it. Due to that, we are stuck with a crappy sounding CD put out by whatever the name of the company is that owns it now.

• 4 weeks later...

Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry (25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)

“In May of 2009 the 25th anniversary of STAY HUNGRY would arrive. I started to think of a way to recognize and celebrate the music and the times which had become so important to the lives of not only our millions of fans around the world, but also to acknowledge the importance and relevance of all of the music created by the hard rock bands of that period. What became obvious to me was that just re-mastering the original record was not a reason to re-release it. The only way this could be 'special' was to locate any material that was recorded by us at the time and never released so as to make a truly great 2 disc package.” - Twisted Sister Guitarist Jay Jay French

Twisted Sister are once again ready to “rock! (ROCK)” in celebration of the 25th anniversary of STAY HUNGRY, the album that put them on the map. Veterans of the 80s hair metal machine, the band exploded into the mainstream with catchy anthems and outrageous videos for hit singles like “We're Not Gonna Take It” and “I Wanna Rock.” Now the 1984 lineup of Dee Snider, Jay Jay French, Eddie Ojeda, Mark Mendoza and A.J. Pero, return with a 2 CD set that proves they're still “not gonna take it.”

Disc one of the STAY HUNGRY 25th Anniversary Edition contains a remastered version of original release including rebellious fist-pumpers “We're Not Gonna Take It” and “S.M.F.,” the dark and beckoning “Burn In Hell” and “Stay Hungry” and of course, an 80s metal prerequisite with the power ballad “The Price.”

Disc two features “30,” the band's first new song in 11 years. Originally penned for the reality series Gone Wild, Dee says the decision to record it with the band came with “the realization that rock 'n' roll is a direct outgrowth of country music. Since '30' was written about my Twisted Sister experience, it seemed only natural for us to record it and rock it out.”

Other highlights on disc two include a selection of rare takes, non-album recordings, previously unissued songs like an early unpolished demo of “We're Not Gonna Take It,” and hidden track “Lollipop Guild.”

STAY HUNGRY 25th Anniversary Edition is also available on limited edition pink vinyl with the original album art and a bonus poster.

TRACK LIST

* Death From Above

* Stay Hungry

* We're Not Gonna Take It

* Prime Motivator

* Burn In Hell

* We're Not Going To Take It (Alternate Version)

* Death Run

* Horror-Teria: Captain Howdy / Street Justice

* I Wanna Rock

* This One's For You

* The Price

* S.M.F. (Alternate Version)

* We're Coming On

* Don't Let Me Down

* The Beast

* Call My Name

* S.M.F.

* Burn In Hell (Alternate Version)

* Pay The Price

* What's Love Without You

* Our Voice Will Be Heard

* You Got To Fight

* The Price (Alternate Version)

* Stay Hungry (Alternate Mix)

* KMET Radio Spot

* Lollipop Guild

Anyone a fan of or familiar with Sunn O))) ?

Sludge, doom noise experimental metal? Even a few minutes after listening to their new album my head and ears are still ringing. Some weird ass shit. Good to experience it every once in a while but I sure wouldn't want to live there.

I use to listen to Twisted Sister quite a bit back in the day.

Seemed like I was in the minority back than, I remember them being huge. I didn't mind the look or anything, the music just annoyed me.

Seemed like I was in the minority back than, I remember them being huge. I didn't mind the look or anything, the music just annoyed me.

God yeah, bloody awful circus shite. Even his hair sucked ass.

Sludge, doom noise experimental metal? Even a few minutes after listening to their new album my head and ears are still ringing. Some weird ass shit. Good to experience it every once in a while but I sure wouldn't want to live there.

I love Sunn, just got tickets to see them :)

I think there are several people around here who like them. I don't think they are a metal band though.

yeah, I posted that because I remembered some conversation somewhere in this thread about them...stemming from them being on tour with Metallica. my humor is usually only gotten by me.

I dig 'em, but not often. I hear it's a ton 'o' fun live, but I don't go cruising around in my truck playing it. Truck music has to be singing along music, it ain't happenin' with Sunn O))), but I often think if I wanted to trick my shit out with phat speakers and bass around town, I could do it to that.

I caught part of that Maiden doc on VH1 recently. Bruce Dickinson seems like such an awesome guy.

I want to be Steve Harris's daughter. Stay Heavy!

I can't imagine sitting through The Rime of The Ancient Mariner that many times.

You certainly don't see too many priests that are into metal and have tattoos. I guess he is a bit disturbed.

I still have a Number Of The Beast tapestry that sound dude in art class made back in the day and gave to me.

I saw Poison when I was 16. Maybe 17. Tesla opened. bwahhhhh! It was a free ticket, but felt like a fish outta water 'cause my favorite bands at the time were the Cult, the Smiths and pretty much every one else on 120 Minutes.

No love for Crue?

Cinderella?

What about WASP?

RATT?

How about Lita Ford?

WINGER!!!!! (remember Stewart on Beavis and Butthead??)

Megadeath?

Dio?

I'm just throwing bands out there -- I do like a little Crue some times.

I think Decline of the Western Civilization 2 pretty much showed what a bunch of scum/douche bags alot of these dudes/bands were. (I'd love to see Decline 1, been a long time since)

Besides the obvious Sabbath... for me, Pantera is the greatest METAL band I have ever heard. Rythmic and intense.

EDIT: I did like Crue at a point... pre-Theatre of Pain, and yeah, Megadeth...Mustaine is a damn good guitarist. They put out a few really good albums.