new Animal Collective album

the only thing known at this point in time is that it's probably coming out in January, it's probably called Merriweather Post Pavilion, and it features 3 members of the band.

oh, and a tracklisting.

Track List:

1. In the Flowers

2. My Girls

3. Also Frightened

4. Summertime Clothes

5. Daily Routine

6. Bluish

7. Guys Eyes

8. Taste

9. Lion in a Coma

10. No More Runnin

11. Brother Sport

everything else is a mystery, and I am excited.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very excited for anything Animal Collective produces.

I was curious as to the favorite album of other Animal collective fans. For me it's a toss up between Strawberry Jam and Feels. Very different but very deep albums. Let me know what you think.

Strawberry Jam is quite amazing. i haven't listened to any of their new EPs, but i am certainly excited.

you should get the water curses ep from this year. i think it's the best thing they've done so far.

also, for anyone interested, you can download the new album as bootlegged live tracks here:

http://onethirtybpm.com/2008/10/12/animal-...n-live-preview/

the sound quality is very good, cos it's from various sources. brother sport, for one, sounds incredible.

• 1 month later...

536250_com_merriweatherpostpavilion.jpg

this is the album art

3 tracks have leaked but I cannot find them to link right now, but if you look hard they should be easy to spot.

all animal collective fans and non fans I know of are going bonkers waiting for this to leak, and I am among them.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been listening to the Water Curses EP. Am I missing something here? It sounds a bit like the Beta Band to me. Not likely to hold my attention to be honest but they seem to have critics and mags fawning over them.

I have been listening to the Water Curses EP. Am I missing something here? It sounds a bit like the Beta Band to me. Not likely to hold my attention to be honest but they seem to have critics and mags fawning over them.

That Water Curses EP is, to me, the best thing they've done. So if you are missing something, I don't think you're going to find it on their other records. The Panda Bear record, Person Pitch, really helped me give a hoot about Animal Collective. Before that, I was right there with you.

you should listen to them a lot more. if nothing else, their fans make some great videos!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4rvPX8UlQ78&...feature=related

their new stuff sounds like this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wEIhXPK0TSM only better

their new stuff sounds like this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wEIhXPK0TSM only better

Oh my Christ...I have for sure gotten off this bus. New stuff sounds better? I have heard broken down fridges sound better than that. That was awful, seriously. Plus those gimps in front dancing to it, just to look hip...uggh.

Oh well, can't like 'em all.

at least you tried them. i wouldn't bother hurting yourself any further now though; i think you're probably allergic.

Yeah, could be worse. I could have watched X Factor on Saturday night. :D

Oh well, I am sure someone would give me shit for owning Deep Purple albums and not owning an AC album. Such is life.