There was one real mind blowing idea on the sky1 recap show...

The theory that Jack is Jacob. Makes a bit of circular sense.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was one real mind blowing idea on the sky1 recap show...

I like it. :)

Are the 'Adam and Eve' skeletons from season going to end up being a.) Sun and Jin, b.) Charlotte and Daniel, c.) some combination of Jack, Kate, Juliete, Sawyer, d.) Ben and Annie or (my surprise thought) e.) Rose and Bernard, edit: let's not forget f.) Desmond and Penny.

Or....Christian and Claire.

I like it. :)

Or....Christian and Claire.

Somehow...that would be too creepy to countenance

So...

Did Ben kill Penny and Desmond?

Nonononononononono. The island isn't done with Desmond yet.

"We're not going to Guam, are we?". :lol I'm glad Frank is back, but I kind of miss his beard. I hope he's on the island again too. And where the F is Walt?!?

I was surprised that was Jin at the end there. I thought it was going to be Horace... So the DI is recruiting all the time-traveling Losties??

Good episode, I thought. Lots more questions to be answered though.

EDIT: Lots of NEW questions to be answered...

I thought tonight's episode was very unsettling. I was on the fence bw loving and hating it, but as usual, the longer I ponder, the more I respect.

They have the tools to make one of the best seasons ever. I hope they follow through.

Who was the guy that said "I'm sorry you lost your friend" to Jack in line at the airport? He looks familiar but I can't place him. was he in an earlier episode or do I just recognize the actor?

I didn't recognize him from the show, but I got the feeling it won't be the last we see of him.

They have the tools to make one of the best seasons ever. I hope they follow through.

Agreed.

I didn't recognize him from the show, but I got the feeling it won't be the last we see of him.

I looked him up on IMdb and I recognized the actor from the Don Cheadle movie Traitor which I saw not too long ago.

He is listed as also appearing in next week's episode on IMdb.

So was that Charlie's guitar?

Did Charlie appear to Hurley?

What happened to Aaron?

Why is Sayid in handcuffs, being all arrested and stuff?

How on earth do they keep giving us answers that only create multiple new questions. Jeeze!!

What happened to Aaron?

How on earth do they keep giving us answers that only create multiple new questions. Jeeze!!

1 - my guess is yes.

2 - my guess is yes, but how did Hurley get out of the county jail????

3 - at first I thought maybe Kate gave him to Claire's mom, but she was really gd freaked out. I think the undead Claire had something to do with it.

4 - I think Ben had something to do with this, not entirely sure what.

5 - for fun?

I think Ben's lawyer got Hurley out of jail last episode! If my memory serves me well....

I wonder if there was anyone on the back of the plane that we know. hmm

That was my assumption.

What happened to Aaron?

I'm guessing Ben or Eloise is responsible thereby manipulating Kate and Sayid respectively to get on the plane.

Fun, ain't it!

Did anyone here watch Alias? Not nearly as good a show as Lost, but by the same folks responsible for Lost. In that show there was a mystery that went through the whole series: the Rambaldi Prophecy. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they knew what the Rambaldo story arc was before they started that show the way they claim to have the island arc mapped out. The Alias finale quite frankly sucked and I can;t even remember what the Rambaldi Prophecy was.

That was my assumption.

I'm guessing Ben or Eloise is responsible thereby manipulating Kate and Sayid respectively to get on the plane.

Fun, ain't it!

Did anyone here watch Alias? Not nearly as good a show as Lost, but by the same folks responsible for Lost. In that show there was a mystery that went through the whole series: the Rambaldi Prophecy. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they knew what the Rambaldo story arc was before they started that show the way they claim to have the island arc mapped out. The Alias finale quite frankly sucked and I can;t even remember what the Rambaldi Prophecy was.

Something about the horseface girl Jennifer Garner bearing doom to all of mankind because she looks like girl Rambaldi painted, I believe.

Also,

I wish you had believed me.

Episode 5x06 316 - Easter Eggs, Screencaps, Audio

I am somewhat surprised that they are introducing new people into the island scenario at this point. Another mystery - what has become of the rest of the people from the crash that we use to see in the background? I suppose we are to forget about them.

Episode 5x06 316 - Easter Eggs, Screencaps, Audio

I am somewhat surprised that they are introducing new people into the island scenario at this point. Another mystery - what has become of the rest of the people from the crash that we use to see in the background? I suppose we are to forget about them.

I think the claymore mines, fire arrows and exploding ship pretty much took care of everybody else...

In last week's episode, it appears that there was a mistake in the time jumping consequences for our island friends. When Jin was running away from young crazy Danielle, there was a timely flash and Jin jumps time to be saved, apparently alone in the jungle. But he then hears the sound of a round being chambered in a rifle, slowly turns around, and there is Sawyer and the rest of our island friends. But why weren't they there when Jin was running away from Danielle? Was Jin skipping through different time periods from the other time jumpers? Does anyone have any insight as to this seeming inconsistency?

Last night's episode was pretty good in answering a few questions and raising a ton more, most of which others here have asked.

Guest Gym Teacher Man

i was so happy that they actually showed us what was written on the note for Locke to Jack. i thought for sure we'd only see the "i wish" part and find out the rest sometime, say, next season. :D

so am i correct in noticing that this last episode started in the same way the series started, with jack's eye opening and him lying in the woods in a suit? i'm not saying there's any real coincidence there, as they were trying to recreate the situation as best they could, but just wondering if i was right. my lady friend couldn't remember.

That sure was a heck of an ending last night.

And it gives a bit of clarity as to Daniel showing up at the Orchid Station dressed as a Dharma technician.

I think the losties be infiltrating the DI.

I am wondering if there is some deeper parallel to the Ajira Airways crash and the Oceanic Crash. There did seem to be an interesting correlation with some of the other passengers. I wonder if Jack, Sayeed, Kate, Hurley, Jin and Ben have another DEEPER connection that the Oceanic crash; than their interaction on the island. Maybe they are assuming identities/roles of existing people. Maybe the Oceanic crash wasn' their first...

The temple and it's heiroglyphs are fraught with implications. I just don't know what to make of what the translated items I have seen actually mean.

And Ben giving Jack a lesson on the gospels and the role of St. Thomas is pretty interesting. Is Lock the Christ figure with Jack being Thomas? Lock's sacrifice and Christian/Jacob's (demand) that Lock be the one to bring them back and Ben's interference/preemption...is Ben obstructing the path. I get the feeling that the game changed for Ben when his 'daughter' was killed. That and Lock apparently being chosen by Jacob may have pushed Ben into an end game scenario that points to his not being entirely what we expected. I am beginning to think that Ben fully understood what Jacob/Christian's charge to Lock meant. And he either was wanting to make the sacrifice to redeem himself (doubtful); or he was willing to trade the sacrifice implied in his return with a chance to extract revenge on Whidmore and others (getting warmer).

Jack sure seemed to give on going back to the island pretty easy to Ben. Some nutty guy from the desert island you were on shows up and tells you that you need to return...you say no...he dies (Jack doesn't know Lock committs suicide until later)...another nutty guy from the island (who's sinister to boot) shows up and tell you that it's all your fault and you need to return...and you say yes?

Everyone's motives for returning seem a little dicey...except for Hurley. Apparently Charlie has really been hounding poor old Hurley. And what is Sayeed's motive. He obviously found out Ben was using him to settle scores and properly resents Ben. But he sure as hell seemed to give in without too much equivocation. And Kate...where the hell is Aaron? And as far as missing children...why is Sun so willing to leave Ji Yeon? And poor Lapidus...he didn't even get the chance to make a choice.

Is there any significance to Ben reading Joyce's Ulysses on the plane? And for another interesting 'clue'...his mother didn't teach him to read. His mother died before he was born. This leads me back to the idea that these people aren't really THESE people. Ever notice how Ben's eyes change color/tint from bluish to dark brown/black? Ben states things about his past/background that are contracidted that he has no reason to lie about. Ben shows great concern for the people of the island, yet seems inordinantly callous about the fate of others (like the people on the Ajira Flight). There is something deeper at play here.