• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have filmed some shows. The Burn to Shine crew was on a leg of their tour a while back. Sadly, no juicy rumors have popped up about a release. I keep thinking about how in interviews when they were releasing the deluxe addition of SBS, Burn to Shine's Brendan Canty said they had intended to film the recording of SBS but got to Chicago right when the band was finished. Maybe they got their on time for this album and the band will combine live and studio footage.

I've read nothing to back this up, just a x-mas wish, Virginia.

• 1 month later...

Being lazy..since I've been scarce on here lately (mercifully for y'all).

Any 'official' word yet on wide release date for the DVD? Preview/leak date? Theatrical premieres? (hey, a guy can dream)

Thanks buddy, youse guise are my bestest friendz.

All that has been revealed last time I checked is a vague February/March release date. Cover art and tracklist are still a mystery. I imagine we will know a lot more about this in a few weeks.

There was some whispering of some more internet content (streams, mp3's or pictures) from the loft as the boys finish up the new record. That would, I'm sure, be enjoyed by all.

All that has been revealed last time I checked is a vague February/March release date. Cover art and tracklist are still a mystery. I imagine we will know a lot more about this in a few weeks.

There was some whispering of some more internet content (streams, mp3's or pictures) from the loft as the boys finish up the new record. That would, I'm sure, be enjoyed by all.

The Wilco discography on Wikipedia lists the name of the DVD as "Ashes of American Flags."

We've got a lot to look forward to in to '09 -- many cool things on the horizon. First' date=' we (w/ Nonesuch) will be releasing Wilco's first concert film/DVD, and despite the obvious negative connotations associated with that category, we think you'll really like this one. It's called "Ashes of American Flags" and was put together by our friends Brendan Canty and Christoph Green at Trixie Films (Sunken Treasure, Burn to Shine, etc.)[/quote']

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=38169

• 3 weeks later...

They've been quiet about it. There was the word about a February/March release date and that was it. I'm guessing we don't get it until early March at the earliest. I can imagine some kind of cover art/packaging or other technicality is being ironed out. Unless I missed something. I would think a release date and cover art would spread pretty quick through the web.

They've been quiet about it. There was the word about a February/March release date and that was it. I'm guessing we don't get it until early March at the earliest. I can imagine some kind of cover art/packaging or other technicality is being ironed out. Unless I missed something. I would think a release date and cover art would spread pretty quick through the web.

It looks like the cover art has already been released:

For those who haven't seen the cover art, you can see it here. I like how it's peaceful.