Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

i don't want to turn this into a Bash Rush thread, because i have no problem with how much people dig them

but ...

Closer to the Heart i always thought contained some truly pathetic lyrics

That's one of my favorite songs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i'm the only person in internet message board history with an opinion

You can post whatever you want. I use to spend a lot of time around here posting like that also. I try to refrain these days. I may not always be successful, but I try.

I understand that people like to dump on Rush, Kiss, Phish, etc. But - there are people around here who like those bands, and they have a right to post about how those bands are important to them. I've long wanted to have a Rush thread, like some of our other band threads. But I figured it would just end full of negative comments.

You can post whatever you want. I use to spend a lot of time around here posting like that also. I try to refrain these days. I may not always be successful, but I try.

I understand that people like to dump on Rush, Kiss, Phish, etc. But - there are people around here who like those bands, and they have a right to post about how those bands are important to them. I've long wanted to have a Rush thread, like some of our other band threads. But I figured it would just end full of negative comments.

hey, believe me, when you're a huge Yes & grateful dead fan, you get use to people blasting you and the music you like ... but, geeze, who cares?

why are we here if not to exchange honest opinions? i happen to dig guided by voices, the kinks and uncle tupelo more than any other bands, but i'm hardly going to take it personally if somebody slams them

sir stewart's got almost 30,000 posts ... just a wild guess that in a few of them he's said that somebody or other sucks

rock on

I understand that people like to dump on Rush, Kiss, Phish, etc.

I've always wondered why people hate Kiss. They made some crazy good records.

You know I'd really enjoy a Rush thread. Actually thought about doing one myself, but ddn't for the reason you mentioned. I JUST missed out on seeing Zep, Floyd, the original Who, etc, so for my age (46) Rush was one the best, if not THE best, live bands around at that time (late '70s - early '80s). I saw all of those tours from Hemispheres through Signals, and they did not ever disappoint.

hey, believe me, when you're a huge Yes & grateful dead fan, you get use to people blasting you and the music you like ... but, geeze, who cares?

why are we here if not to exchange honest opinions? i happen to dig guided by voices, the kinks and uncle tupelo more than any other bands, but i'm hardly going to take it personally if somebody slams them

HWF, you should know I respect your opinons. I started a prog thread years ago (lost to cyberspace) that I woulda LOVED to have had your opinions on.

sir stewart's got almost 30,000 posts ... just a wild guess that in a few of them he's said that somebody or other sucks

You got me there, I'm sure.

I just don't get chiming in to say some band or other sucks when people are talking about how much they like them. I just don't get it.

I've long wanted to have a Rush thread, like some of our other band threads. But I figured it would just end full of negative comments.

I'd participate in a Rush thread if one existed.

You're probably right about how it'd turn out. The comments section of Rush is a Band blog is full of nothing but Rush worship, which is probably more annoying than a thread here with a bunch of bashing would be.

• 2 weeks later...
people-colour239.jpg

(L-R) Sandra Bernhard, David Byrne's father, and Chrissie Hynde enjoy the proceedings at this year's R&R Hall of Fame ceremony.

I don't know...I kinda like it that JP is secure enought in his own self that he doesn't see the need to color his hair.

Someone at that table is secure enough to drink O'Douls.

I imagine there were quite a few tables in the celebrity section consuming O'Douls. Lots of folks have changed their lifestyles in the last 20 years.

O'Douls instead of Jack Daniels and Jamesons; Metamucil instead of smack.

He looks like he could be David Byrne's father. Christ you have no sense of humor.

Probably right.

But if you had said Sandra Barnhardt, Stewart Grainger and Chrissie Hynde, I would guffawed.

By the way...did Jeff Beck shave his pits or is it grey?