Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some photos:

Eric Burdon looks more deranged than Iggy Pop.

http://projects.accessatlanta.com/gallery/view/music/rock-hall-induction-2010/#thbz_hm

Best laugh I had last night (courtesy of my 19 year old kid): "Hey, wtf is Abe Simpson doing onstage?"

:lol

• 1 month later...

So I just read an interview with Jimmy Cliff where he says "I was inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of Fame and when I went up to speak I had in mind to say certain things, and I went up there and for whatever reason, I said some other things, and one sentence that I said, I can't tell you that sentence, but I live to regret saying that sentence publicly and wish I hadn't said it".

So I watched the speech and nothing stood out to me as something he should regret saying. Anybody have any idea?

Jimmy Cliff speech

• 4 months later...

Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper Up for Rock Hall of Fame

It could be a blaze of glory for Bon Jovi at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Jersey boys are up for possible induction in the hallowed hall, along with first-timers Donovan, Dr. John, Alice Cooper and Neil Diamond.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame released its list of nominees Tuesday. There were some familiar names: Darlene Love, LL Cool J, Donna Summer and the Beastie Boys have been up for the prestigious honor before.

Other previous nominees include the J. Geils Band; Tom Waits; Chuck Willis; Chic and Joe Tex.

To be eligible for the hall, an act must have released its first batch of music at least 25 years ago.

Inductees will be revealed in December, and the ceremony will be in March in New York City.

So I just read an interview with Jimmy Cliff where he says "I was inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of Fame and when I went up to speak I had in mind to say certain things, and I went up there and for whatever reason, I said some other things, and one sentence that I said, I can't tell you that sentence, but I live to regret saying that sentence publicly and wish I hadn't said it".

So I watched the speech and nothing stood out to me as something he should regret saying. Anybody have any idea?

Jimmy Cliff speech

i read the same thing and watched the same vid and i have no idea what he's talking about. i didn't see anything controversial.

i read the same thing and watched the same vid and i have no idea what he's talking about. i didn't see anything controversial.

It may be that he thought he was taking too much credit for the creation of raggae. That's the best guess I have.

I suppose Bon Jovi will get in. Can't think of a song by them I really like but I don't think our band has ever played a gig without a female (always a female) coming up and requesting a Bon Jovi song.

I suppose Bon Jovi will get in. Can't think of a song by them I really like but I don't think our band has ever played a gig without a female (always a female) coming up and requesting a Bon Jovi song.

I don't care for the band, but it is impressive that they came out of the 80s, and are still making albums that sell in the millions, and doing successful tours.

Can't think of a song by them I really like but I don't think our band has ever played a gig without a female (always a female) coming up and requesting a Bon Jovi song.

Runaway is pretty good...in a Flashdance sort of way.

I've always considered Bon Jovi as a Bruce Springsteen starter kit. To me, the relationship is a bit akin to Badfinger and the Beatles.

that does a grave disservice to Badfinger

LOL

I love Badfinger. The run on No Dice, Straight up and Ass is wonderful. Also really dig Wish You Were Here.

I said akin. I didn't say identical.

Artists that are not in the RRHOF that are better than most of those nominated this year:

The Cars

Cheap Trick

Chicago

The Cure

Deep Purple

Def Leppard

Dick Dale

Gram Parsons

Herman's Hermits

KISS

Lou Reed (solo)

MC5

The Monkees

New York Dolls

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Replacements

Three Dog Night

Yes

and many, many, more...

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/previously_considered.php

Artists that are not in the RRHOF that are better than most of those nominated this year:

The Cars

Cheap Trick

Chicago

The Cure

Deep Purple

Def Leppard

Dick Dale

Gram Parsons

Herman's Hermits

KISS

Lou Reed (solo)

MC5

The Monkees

New York Dolls

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Replacements

Three Dog Night

Yes

and many, many, more...

http://www.futureroc..._considered.php

I've given up trying to understand the rationale behind the RRHOF nomination & selection process.

yup

i drove cross country over the summer and stopped briefly in cleveland. unfortunately, the rrhof was closing so we didn't have the opportunity to walk around. we did, however, check out what was in the lobby. jay bennett's guitar was in one of the cases:

30927509730609603992006.jpg

I have hated Bon Jovi since I first heard their music in 1984, and that hate has not dimmed a bit in the intervening 26 years. The only way my opinion of the RRHOF could get lower than it already is is if BJ gets in.:yucky

The Cars

Cheap Trick

Chicago

The Cure

Deep Purple

Def Leppard

Dick Dale

Gram Parsons

Herman's Hermits

KISS

Lou Reed (solo)

MC5

The Monkees

New York Dolls

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Replacements

Three Dog Night

Yes

and many, many, more...

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/previously_considered.php

I totally agree, but one person who without a doubt should be on there is Warren Zevon.

i drove cross country over the summer and stopped briefly in cleveland. unfortunately, the rrhof was closing so we didn't have the opportunity to walk around. we did, however, check out what was in the lobby. jay bennett's guitar was in one of the cases:

30927509730609603992006.jpg

wub.gif

LOL

I love Badfinger. The run on No Dice, Straight up and Ass is wonderful. Also really dig Wish You Were Here.

I said akin. I didn't say identical.

Love Badfinger as well, but I got what you meant.