Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

GNR...Boston...I'm not getting the connection.

No connection but just pointing out how some groups are perceived. A group like GNR, who lets face it does not really have a long list of great records, gets in on first try and a group like Boston get zero thought about going in like many other groups from the 70's (Rush, Chicago, Supertramp, Yes, Steve Miller, Journey, Grand Funk.....).

I do understand the GNR had a certain attitude and maybe some lasting infuence but I just feel like the HOF goes over the top to show that they are hip.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No connection but just pointing out how some groups are perceived. A group like GNR, who lets face it does not really have a long list of great records, gets in on first try and a group like Boston get zero thought about going in like many other groups from the 70's (Rush, Chicago, Supertramp, Yes, Steve Miller, Journey, Grand Funk.....).

I do understand the GNR had a certain attitude and maybe some lasting infuence but I just feel like the HOF goes over the top to show that they are hip.

GNR was on the cover of RS a bunch of times. Boston wasn't. That's all you need to know.

Bass player speculation/wish list for Faces RRHOF reunion:

John Stirrat

Joey Spampinato

GNR was on the cover of RS a bunch of times. Boston wasn't. That's all you need to know.

John Stirrat

Joey Spampinato

Glen Matlock plays bass in the band these days.

John Stirrat

Joey Spampinato

Tetsu Yamauchi...he WAS the bass player of Faces after Lane left.

Glen Matlock plays bass in the band these days.

And that is a VERY odd fit.

Another interview with Stewart

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rod-stewart-ill-definitely-make-myself-available-for-a-faces-reunion-20111207#ixzz1fsA2HSlT

Tell me your first reaction to the news.

I was absolutely over the moon, as one should be. I never thought that would happen. I was a little disappointed with Ian McLagan's remarks about how the two bands shouldn't be lumped in together. I think that was a little out of order. I think Mac should think himself lucky that he's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I know that Woody [Ronnie Wood] and I talked about it and we're over the moon. I'm in as a solo artist and now as a group member, and he being a Stone and a Face. I'll knock him into shape when I see him, McLagan. It's great. It's wonderful. Hopefully the band is going to get together. I said that I'd do it if we can get the rest of the band together. I was with Ronnie a couple of weeks ago. He came up to Las Vegas with me and he said, "I'd love to do it."

Considering that Stewart wasn't in the Small Faces, I am not sure if he should an opinion if the Small Faces should be in as their own band or not or at least he should understand where Mac is coming from.

Also, the whole thing of Mac should consider "himself lucky that he's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" is little odd and seems like a bit of a put-down - but whatever, it's the R&RHoF.

That and the fact that it's Jann Wenner and a handful of his staff that selects the bands. And War are "pissed" about not "making it in?" That's funny. What's to make? It's Jann and a few cronies deciding, it's not like it's a competition based on anything valid.

"No, Tetsu, you take that (quaalude) after the gig." Ronnie to Tetsu - from the Five Guys box set.

War just played at my neighborhood's street party this past August - my neighbor said it was a somewhat decent show. I am not sure which original members are still playing with them.

"No, Tetsu, you take that (quaalude) after the gig." Ronnie to Tetsu - from the Five Guys box set.

War just played at my neighborhood's street party this past August - my neighbor said it was a somewhat decent show. I am not sure which original members are still playing with them.

I never put War in the "HOF" class but that is just my opinion. I read what the guy from War said about the Beastie Boys...LOL.

• 4 months later...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/04/axl-rose-pens-open-letter-to-rock-hall-will-not-attend-asks-to-not-be-inducted.html

Well there's a shocker - Axl declines - I think they should put the letter in the Hall - it is a rather nice letter....

anybody know what the hell the below means( Axl signed off with it)?:

"P.S. RIP Armand, Long Live ABC III"

http://latimesblogs....e-inducted.html

Well there's a shocker - Axl declines - I think they should put the letter in the Hall - it is a rather nice letter....

anybody know what the hell the below means( Axl signed off with it)?:

"P.S. RIP Armand, Long Live ABC III"

Armand=guitar tech for Slayer who died recently.

I read this letter from Axl yesterday and while I think it's overkill that he wants nothing to do with being inducted (or even mentioned or included in the GnR legacy that's being inducted) I can respect that he notes he's in a damned if I do/damned if i don't situation. He's entitled to his view (and obviously has more insight to any situation than a person reading the letter) and that's gotta be good enough if he wants to be excluded.

Still would have been cool as shit to have all original members there playing a few tunes.....

Yea - it's funny, there have been several articles/interviews with various band members over the last month or so hinting that they might play. And then Axl does that. He's a trip, that's for sure.

I'm a bit dumfounded by who was chosen to induct some of the bands. I think Green Day is suppose to induct GNR. That makes no sense to me. I hate Green Day, but that is beside the point. I just don't see any connection there.

Thanks for the Slayer info.

I wasn't trying to be facetious - I thought it was great letter should be part of the display - though I am sure Axl won't allow it.

I think that is a great idea. What a mess that letter is.

Yea - it's funny, there have been several articles/interviews with various band members over the last month or so hinting that they might play. And then Axl does that. He's a trip, that's for sure.

I'm a bit dumfounded by who was chosen to induct some of the bands. I think Green Day is suppose to induct GNR. That makes no sense to me. I hate Green Day, but that is beside the point. I just don't see any connection there.

Also, how do they determine who goes from each group.....Josh K from RHCP and 2 other drummers are getting inducted but Clarence Clemmons, no Clarance White/Gram Parsons...to many more to.

I would think it would be up to the band, too - Not sure why the Hall would be able to decide. If that's the case, I am sure they would put Axl in there, regardless of his manifesto.