The Official Bob Dylan Thread

This describes that last decade of Bob Dylan, in 16 words:

the songs sort of sound the same. It's the same time signature, slow tempo, and crooning.

Hey now, some of the songs from Christmas in the Heart had some different tempos!  :ike

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read somewhere the other day there may be some sort of Rolling Thunder documentary coming out.

I sure wish they'd put out the live video footage of the Boulder, CO show at the end of the tour (the same show that a lot of the Hard Rain album was taken from) because Dylan and the band are ON FIRE!  I cannot understand why people don't like that album, except for the high pitched noise that mars the recording, but the performance is as intense as it gets, I love it!

I sure wish they'd put out the live video footage of the Boulder, CO show at the end of the tour (the same show that a lot of the Hard Rain album was taken from) because Dylan and the band are ON FIRE!  I cannot understand why people don't like that album, except for the high pitched noise that mars the recording, but the performance is as intense as it gets, I love it!

I forgot about that one. Let's hope we get footage without interviews stuck in the middle of songs. 

I have the show on my hard drive, haven't watch it in a while. Need to rectify that, tonight.

That above clip with Baez is what I remember most.

Speaking of Baez, I caught her new song about the President. She probably could have worked a little harder on it, but the sentiment is there and it is kind of catchy.

I've seen pictures of Dylan during that tour where he had pancake makeup on or some shit.

Also, I love Brave New Combo's version of "Must be Santa"!

I love in the liner notes for the Rolling Thunder Bootleg Series where Ginsberg is in awe about Bob's circular breathing onstage. I think everyone on that tour was infected with something ancient and heavy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been listening to Dylan's Standard releases again for a bit and I just threw on Moonlight from Love and Theft --- fit's right in. Great tune - Moonlight.

Those standards albums are pretty cheesy, but that band is so good. I listen just for that. Also, Love & Theft is great! Miss is one of my favorite Dylan tunes. Also, Tweedle comes of great live.