• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the Browns end up with Mark Sanchez, if only because it opens the possibility of a photo of Sanchez on a cold day, mud on his uniform and steam rising from the top of his head, with the caption Dirty Sanchez, the Cleveland Steamer.

comic%20book%20guy.jpg

BEST

EVER

Well, that'll do it. That's all we needed.

Edit: The "Go Fast" swooshes on the letters are a plus. Except the one on the the lower right portion of the "s", which makes no sense at all and pretty much ruins the whole thing. If you can ruin something totally stupid to begin with.

Edit: Or is that hair? Oh God.

I think the 's' is one of those pinwheel fireworks.

I really hope the Browns end up with Mark Sanchez, if only because it opens the possibility of a photo of Sanchez on a cold day, mud on his uniform and steam rising from the top of his head, with the caption Dirty Sanchez, the Cleveland Steamer.

While I'd like to keep Quinn, this scenario would keep me laughing in spite of a bad season.

I like that new logo, but the typeface is horrendous.

Agreed, I'm happy the lions kept their color scheme though. I like what I heard on PTI today, they should just make those turkeyday unis the normal ones, no logos on the helmets, standard silver/blue. I wanted to post a picture of the horrendous New England Patriots silver alternates, just to do a comparrison (since I feel those silver ones are some of the worst in sports), but then I ran accross this rumor

http://thegreyhoodie-patriots.blogspot.com...ed-in-2009.html

love the helmets on these ones though, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Boston_Patriots_season

Guest Gym Teacher Man
they should just make those turkeyday unis the normal ones, no logos on the helmets, standard silver/blue.

those unis are flat out amazing. i can't think of a single person that i've ever heard say anything but "those unis are so cool" when they wear them. they should definitely switch.

either way, da bears will eat them alive...

I just read that Curry has made it be known that he would happily take less than the $30 mil guaranteed that Long got last year (as the #1 draft pick). Hopefully, someone on the Lions heard that. I'm assuming that Stafford is going to demand around/more than $40...

How long does the current CBA go for? I would love to see the next version do something about limiting rookie salaries. They should just be slotted and non-negotiable. And perhaps as a consession, they should limit the duration to 3 years, so if they're valid big-time players, they can get their due reward with a big time contract while still young, and if they're a bust, a team isn't hurt by their guaranteed salary.

Curry will end up having a better contract than practically every LB out there, and that's ridiculous. Same for Stafford - he instantly becomes one of the highest paid QBs, and he probably won't even play a down this year.

If the Lions do pick Stafford, which is a mistake, I think they'll have to start him. At least somewhere in the season. There's going to be bloody murder screamed in this town if they don't. In fact, the idea that they are going to draft him first is pretty unpopular around here. The Lions brass said yesterday they want whoever its going to be signed by the end of the week, so there's no tomfoolery.

That said, it should be Curry for the Lions.

If the Lions do pick Stafford, which is a mistake, I think they'll have to start him. At least somewhere in the season. There's going to be bloody murder screamed in this town if they don't. In fact, the idea that they are going to draft him first is pretty unpopular around here. The Lions brass said yesterday they want whoever its going to be signed by the end of the week, so there's no tomfoolery.

That said, it should be Curry for the Lions.

Mayhew had a good quote today, saying that the #1 pick isn't about playing next year, it's about playing for the franchise for 10 years. We know that Curry would be more successful than Stafford in the short term. But if Stafford became MVP for someone else in 3-4 years, then the Lions would have made a big mistake in not drafting him. Fuck - I hate this shit!

Still, I sez: Draft all D with those first 5 picks in the first 3 rounds!

1: LB

2: DT

3: Secondary

4: DL

5: Secondary.

True. If they would have straightened out some of his 5-yard scrambles, he would have passed Sweetness in rushing.

Not if they also straightened out some of Payton's runs. With the offensive line he ran behind for much of his career, he was forced to change direction a lot.