East Coast dates?

I mention it only because i think the 9:30 books a lot of shows at Merriweather Pavillion.

The owners of the 9:30 club also own both Merriweather and IMP Productions, which produces shows at other DC-area venues (e.g. Constitution Hall). I was/am also hoping for a Merriweather show, but it looks like we'll get Wolf Trap, which is pretty cool in its own right (and actually closer to my house than MPP).

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those going to Wolf Trap don't forget to request a song! I requested "How to Fight Loneliness."

When you request the song and click submit, it automatically comes up.   Also, this comes up, too.     Top Ten Requests All Time   Misunderstood California Stars Remember the Mountain Bed At Least

Posted Images

They love the 9:30 club, but reserve those shows for winter months and do the outdoor venues in the summer. I am sure there will be 9:30 club shows in the future, just not on the summer tours.

Yea, I know, but like you said, those type of shows aren't for a tour directly supporting an album. I don't doubt that they'll be back to the 930 Club, and I hope I can get tickets this time, but it won't be 'till this winter, at the very earliest. More likely sometime next spring.

I mention it only because i think the 9:30 books a lot of shows at Merriweather Pavillion.

Yes, those shows are booked by the same promoting agency, but if they're playing Wolf Trap, that would most likely be their DC area show for the summer.

what a joke apparently they are skipping philly in the summer :( I'm new to the area.. how far is Wilmington from Philly?

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/cormier.html

I am in Wilmington and door to door from Philly to the stadium in Wilmington should only be about 20-25 minutes. It's really easy to find as there are plenty of signs on the highway and you can see the stadium from I95.

I am in Wilmington and door to door from Philly to the stadium in Wilmington should only be about 20-25 minutes. It's really easy to find as there are plenty of signs on the highway and you can see the stadium from I95.

I'm in for this show.. I had no clue because I just moved from Australia but my wife just told me it was under an hour from here (Collingswood, NJ) which is nice. Can't wait for this show!

yes plus philly doesnt really have an outdoor venue other than the festival pier

now where is that NYC show?

Yea, I know, but like you said, those type of shows aren't for a tour directly supporting an album. I don't doubt that they'll be back to the 930 Club, and I hope I can get tickets this time, but it won't be 'till this winter, at the very earliest. More likely sometime next spring.

ummm, but you're the one that said "I doubt if they'll do that again" but i guess you meant "again for the summer tour." they filmed parts of the Ashes dvd at the 9:30club. so i guess we agree, they'll play the 9:30club again, just not in the summer.

ummm, but you're the one that said "I doubt if they'll do that again" but i guess you meant "again for the summer tour." they filmed parts of the Ashes dvd at the 9:30club. so i guess we agree, they'll play the 9:30club again, just not in the summer.

Yeah, I meant that they won't play the 930 Club again so soon, especially with a full-on album support tour to play.

The Mann Center is probably still a little big for them, and it may be easier logistically for them to play all outdoor shows (maybe not, given the shows announced so far).

10,000>7,200

the thing about the Mann though is how much of a bitch it is to get to. I don't live in that area but I went up there to see R.E.M. last year and we waited SO long in the parking lot.

Really they could be big enough to play Camden soon, and that's really, really easy to get to.

Woohoo! The wait is over and has just begun! Just in from HQ:

The big news, Wilco's summer is really starting to shape up nicely. Dates in beautiful spots from Red Rocks to Wolftrap and a swing through 4 east coast minor league baseball parks. It's gonna be a fun summer. We'll have a few more shows to announce in coming weeks but this gets us to the bulk of the American dates. The first of our nonfestival European dates for August are also on the list now.

JUN 19 Las Vegas, NV The Joint

JUL 03 Morrison, CO Red Rocks

JUL 08 Vienna, VA Wolf Trap

JUL 10 Wilmington, DE Frawley Stadium

JUL 11 Lowell, MA LeLacheur Park

JUL 13 Brooklyn, NY Keyspan Park :rock

JUL 17 Portland, ME Maine State Pier

JUL 18 Wappingers Falls, NY Dutchess Stadium :rock

JUL 19 Lewiston, NY Art Park :rock?

AUG 25 London, UK Troxy

AUG 27 Dublin, IRE Vicar Street

[the headbanging is mine]

[JUL 11 Lowell, MA LeLacheur Park

/quote]

Wow!!!!!!! :dancing :worship

I don't know what to say. That's like 5 fucking minutes from where I live. Whoa!....this is going to take awhile to sink in for me.

I secretly wished for them to come to Lowell, but I never guessed it'd be at the Minor League ballpark.

I was thinking if anything they'd play here

http://www.lowellsummermusic.org/page.php?page=root/home.htm

But Lowell is a beautiful city, and it fits in with what's been said about the album photo shoot etc. It really cleaned itself up.

The ballpark is really nice on the river. Not so sure how they'll handle the parking. Oh well worry about that one later.

Great news!

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS This and the Ashes DVD coming in today and than the Webcast tonight. Life is good!

Edit:

Wilco plays LeLacheur Park this summer

The Lowell Sun

Updated: 04/15/2009 06:39:11 PM EDT

Alt-country rockers Wilco swing into Lowell's minor-league baseball stadium July 11. The Chicago band that's played the Orpheum, Bank of America Pavilion, and Tanglewood adds LeLacheur Park to its list of conquests this summer. "They are looking to do something different and fun and exciting. Wilco never wants to do things non-traditionally," said Alex Crothers, of Higher Ground Music, the Burlington, Vt., concert promoter that booked the show.

Tickets, $36, go on sale Saturday at 11 a.m. and can be purchased at www.wilcoworld.net or (888) 512-SHOW.

Dutchess Stadium is huge I saw Nelson/Dylan there...I don't see this selling out (Its not far from the show that was in Beacon..lucky them two shows in 1 year yet none in Manhattan?!). Also Keyspan Park is huge too! Wow! I am speachless.

Dutchess Stadium is huge I saw Nelson/Dylan there...I don't see this selling out (Its not far from the show that was in Beacon..lucky them two shows in 1 year yet none in Manhattan?!). Also Keyspan Park is huge too! Wow! I am speachless.

It is pretty big. I've been to a ballgame or two there. How did they handle the staging for a show? Were there any GA tix for the field or all in the seats?

I think this is the shortest drive I'll ever make to a Wilco show ~45 minutes. I'm not gonna know what to do with myself!

It is pretty big. I've been to a ballgame or two there. How did they handle the staging for a show? Were there any GA tix for the field or all in the seats?

I wonder about this myself for all of these baseball field shows.

I'll probably make 2 of these, but nothing close enough. All would require an overnight.

now i'm totally talking through my hat here, but keeping in mind that they said a few more dates will be announced:

when i line up this schedule with tanglewood's schedule and consult my rand mcnally it seems perfectly reasonable to hope that the stars align over lenox on july 16th.

Hmm, wilcoworld is being a tad slow with posting more ticket information. I'm a little surprised that tix go on sale this Saturday considering the dates were just announced. Any sure fire information about which of these shows are GA and which have seats?

499w.jpg

1215806361_3988.jpg

Hello Everyone,

Well, I'm sure most people are familiar with seating plans for ball parks. I'm about half sure. I've only seen The Police at Fenway Park.

Those 2 photos are of Dropkick Murphys/Bosstones at LeLacheur Park last summer. If people want to know what it looks like. These photos really

don't do it justice. The bridge is much nicer when you're there.

From the above photos it definitely looks like the baseball diamond is off limits. Everyone looks like sardines. I doubt the Wilco show will be this jammed in.

But the 2nd photo shows people few and far between in the stands. I'm guessing with the $36 price(lowell sun) being the only one mentioned all tix may be GA.

I'm not sure how many people are familiar with Lowell, but I can definitely give you some places/bars/parking ideas.

Thanks,

Kristofor

Wilco did a minor league park show in Louisville awhile back and the stage was set up pretty much right on the edge of the infield facing the stands. There were about 500 seats on the field and the rest were in the stands. The area behind homeplate was very full, with the crowd gradually thinning off to the 1st and 3rd base lines, perhaps 3,000 people were there. It was a great night and a nice change of pace. I imagine the other minor league shows would have a similar set up.

Guest Hollinger.

the way it's set up at Principal Park in Des Moines, the stage is set up at the center field wall, the infield is blocked off, like in the pictures above. Here they do all general admission w/ two pricing levels: field level and seat level.

Front Gate is handling tix for all Wilco shows moving forward -- Front Gate also handles all Higher Ground ticketing as well. FG is way better than Music Today...

Looking forward to the Lowell and Portland shows for sure - hope to make the Wolf Trap show as well.