Post inane comments about the new Wilco album

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking When/If Wilco releases three more albums, and someone will make the same statement about the latest one saying "To me W(TA) is where they peaked, and they've just been treading water on the last couple records".

The fact that there is way too much Wilco on this album, plus the fact that the first song and the album itself is called Wilco, is I think the reason why I can't stand the album, and after 14th listens my opinion remains unwavering.

Ok, thread messers....I'm trying again

I have always thought that there is too much Beatles influence in the Beatles catalog. Especially on Revolver and Rubber Soul. and Sgt. Pepper too.

(after 999 listens, or more)

On 'You Never Know,' at about the 3:14 mark, does anybody hear what appears to be music? I can't tell if it's just my copy of the rip or what, but there appears to be what sounds like Jeff singing with some kind of band behind him...?

:lol

"A circle can only have one center, and no edge"

:lol

Does anyone else hear the distinct similarity between the drone on "Less than you think" and the first 0.5 seconds of "Deeper Down".

Did you notice how every Wilco record sounds exactly the same when you turn the volume all the way down? I mean, the rehashing! They're like Nickelback!

Does anyone else hear the distinct similarity between the drone on "Less than you think" and the first 0.5 seconds of "Deeper Down".

YES! Thankfully the last 12 minutes of Less Than You Think weren't recognizable anywhere on (The Album).

If you take the first letters of each song [WDOBYYCSISE] and rearrange them (and/or take out some letters), you can get any of the following and many more:

disobey

cows

odyssey

bodies

decoys

dobies

codes

beds

side

And if you do the same thing with the letters: wilcothealbum, you can get:

cobalt

outlaw

bailout

ice boat

tea bowl

metallic

touchable

biotech

blue coat

moth ball

metabolic

lethal

mellow

wealth

hell cat

comet

climate

ballet

hallow

helium

touche

mullet

and many more.

It doesn't sound enough like Radiohead.

It doesn't sound enough like Radiohead.

Yeah, but if you play Sonny Feeling backwards the chords Mike is playing on the piano are the exact same as the song Radio Head by the Talking Heads.

Fact: This is not a fact.

--Mike

Has anybody else noticed what a total rip W(TA) is of The Residents "Commercial Album" (apart from it being 2 minutes longer and having 29 fewer tracks and the title moving the "the" in "The Residents" to "The Album", with brackets and missing out the word "commercial")?

I wonder on which episode of Grey's Anatomy will they use You and I ?

This is so true. Everybody knows only lonely girls enjoy sweet love songs. Why can't every song be a noisy dissonant rocker? This album is just too fucking eclectic. Why cant the songs on this album sound the same as each other? If I wanted variety on an album I would have bought a various artists compilation. And another thing, You Never Know is a direct rip off of My Sweet Lord. I mean a complete note-for-note copy, I cannot tell the difference and i know a lot about music.

Which b-list celebrity will be the first to turn up with that stupid camel on a t-shirt? I am betting it will be that dude who plays Peter Petrelli on Heroes.