The Bears should just cut Charles Tillman. I can't think of a worse player right now. He can't cover, he can't tackle, he seems like he's kind of a sally... And I've realized after this weeks game now that the Bears are not good at all. They're just a cut above the bad teams. I know the game dictated that they throw, but the Bears ran the ball 12 times. That's absurd. They really need to recommit themselves to running the ball earlier. Oh wait, their O-line sucks. Never mind.

Tillman is just one part of a long list of issues. I would get Harris out of there first. Lazy piece of shit who has no desire to play since he got the contract. The defense is just bad, as you said, and it got noticeably worse when Urlacher went out. I didn't think his absence would have such a big impact, but it has.

Play calling aside, the offense wasn't the issue yesterday.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Runaway Jim

I would also wave goodbye to Tommie Harris. He's always been overrated and now he's just a piece of shit. I think they should consider an entirely different defensive scheme. I've never been big on the Cover 2, and I don't think it's ever really worked too well for the Bears.

Big win for the Cowboys, who now face three winnable games in a row: Green Bay in Lambeau and Washington and Oakland at home. If they can get to 9-2 heading into the final stretch of the season, an 11- or 12-win season is definitely within reach. This Packers game is pretty big.

Big win for the Cowboys, who now face three winnable games in a row: Green Bay in Lambeau and Washington and Oakland at home. If they can get to 9-2 heading into the final stretch of the season, an 11- or 12-win season is definitely within reach. This Packers game is pretty big.

What the hell is diff for the Cowboys now compared to early season!? They looked awful early and now they're a juggernaut!

re: NFC North, what a motley crew that is! Got the best team in the league, 2 also-rans and the worst team. Thats some separations ;)

I would also wave goodbye to Tommie Harris. He's always been overrated and now he's just a piece of shit. I think they should consider an entirely different defensive scheme. I've never been big on the Cover 2, and I don't think it's ever really worked too well for the Bears.

This would require a new head coach (Lovie's not changing) and some different players too, seeing as they've tried to draft specifically for this defense.

What the hell is diff for the Cowboys now compared to early season!? They looked awful early and now they're a juggernaut!

The defense started playing with intensity and fire, and actually started stopping people. Jenkins is becoming a star in the secondary. With the defense stopping people, Romo doesn't feel the need to the the Jedi on every play.

Guest Runaway Jim

I like the Cowboys to win the East. I have been saying the Eagles up until recently. My current prediction is that we'll see a Vikings/Cowboys NFC Championship.

I should also add that I think either team will lose to the Steelers. They've looked impressive to me since their loses to the Bears and Bengals.

Edited by Runaway Jim
And I feel bad for the Dolphins. They're such a fun team to watch and they play hard and they just can't beat anyone (but the Jets). I'm really rooting for them to go on a run an clinch a wildcard.

We have trouble covering anyone, and we don't get much pressure on the quarterback. Joey Porter has been a complete nonfactor this season, but since he was so great last year, we won't replace him.

If you are accurate at all, you will rip this defense apart. Brady, Brees, etc. I mean, they rip everyone apart, but they seem to be particularly efficient against the Phins. I can't count how many times this season the Dolphins have put together an 8-10 minute touchdown drive where they just methodically drive down the field with no issues and then give up a touchdown in 2 minutes on the next possession.

Guest Runaway Jim

I agree. Their secondary is too weak for them to contend. I'm just rooting for them because I'm liking them - especially Ricky Williams. It's been sad to watch them play with these good teams, only to wind up getting beat.

I like the Cowboys to win the East. I have been saying the Eagles up until recently. My current prediction is that we'll see a Vikings/Cowboys NFC Championship.

I should also add that I think either team will lose to the Steelers. They've looked impressive to me since their loses to the Bears and Bengals.

I like where your heads at. I haven't seen much of the Cowboys since early in the year, so I can't say much about them, but I predict a Minnesota-New Orleans NFC Ch. with Minnesota winning. I think the Vikes have the most talent in the game, overall, but Pittsburgh scares me. If we can avoid them I think we have a great chance at winning the Super Bowl. Actually, bag that. This is the Vikes year. I'm just convinced, though it's highly likely my POV is tainted by my love for them.

Predictions at the halfway point:

New England exits early.

New Orleans falls short.

Indy, too.

San Diego or Pitt will win the AFC.

Minnesota wins NFC and Super Bowl!

I agree. Their secondary is too weak for them to contend. I'm just rooting for them because I'm liking them - especially Ricky Williams. It's been sad to watch them play with these good teams, only to wind up getting beat.

Watching them run a classic option with Pat White this week was awesome. It really is incredible how Ricky has come back, never would've thought he could be as good as he has been.

If he hadn't quit and missed like 3 years, he would be in the discussion for best of this era, I think. He was incredible.

I like where your heads at. I haven't seen much of the Cowboys since early in the year, so I can't say much about them, but I predict a Minnesota-New Orleans NFC Ch. with Minnesota winning. I think the Vikes have the most talent in the game, overall, but Pittsburgh scares me. If we can avoid them I think we have a great chance at winning the Super Bowl. Actually, bag that. This is the Vikes year. I'm just convinced, though it's highly likely my POV is tainted by my love for them.

Predictions at the halfway point:

New England exits early.

New Orleans falls short.

Indy, too.

San Diego or Pitt will win the AFC.

Minnesota wins NFC and Super Bowl!

Kevan, how long have you been a Vikings fan? You can't possibly be predicting a Super Bowl win. The other shoe always drops for us. Predictions like this only jinx us!! Favre is 40, he's only half way through the season. Let's keep things in perspective. Were are the pre-2004 Red Sox of the NFL.

Kevan, how long have you been a Vikings fan? You can't possibly be predicting a Super Bowl win. The other shoe always drops for us. Predictions like this only jinx us!! Favre is 40, he's only half way through the season. Let's keep things in perspective. Were are the pre-2004 Red Sox of the NFL.

I'm a lifer and I'm 27. Predictions mean as much as jinxes; karma is as real as unicorns. I'm not superstitious. I'm rollin' with it! Enjoy the ride! :P

Oh man, you're right on with this. I suppose there are worse teams to cling to (the Cubs, perhaps?), but being a Vikings fan is incredibly nerve wracking. I'm not one to believe in Jinxing and cursing, but if there ever were arguments for it the Vikings would have to be part of it.

The Vikes haven't played well for 60 minutes yet this year (in fact, I'd argue they haven't even come close). If they can get there (they did last year, team just wasn't as good) I think we have the best team in the league. :dancing

Thursday night football tonight! Can't believe it's week 10.

SF to win tonight. Anyone interested in a picks competition for the rest of the season? We could go straight up or against lines. Winner gets a beer from the loser(s) next Wilco show :cheers

Yeah, a lot of those weren't his fault. When you have more picks than TDs, though, you're doing something wrong.

That last one was just a desperation throw with time expiring.

The 4th pick should've been brought back on pass interference.