The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ryan's the guest on the most recent episode of Marc Maron's WTF podcast. They don't talk much, if at all really, about Prisoner. Ryan talks a lot about his upbringing and his relationship with his grandparents, the Whiskeytown days, a bit about his divorce. It's a good episode and it makes me hope that one day Jeff too will find his way into Marc's garage.

I think I read somewhere that he is writing a book about the Whiskeytown days. 

Have you seen the super deluxe package of the new album? I am not buying it - but he has put some interesting things together. 

I think he mentioned the Whiskeytown book in a recent press interview, as I think I read that too. 

I (stupidly) ordered the new boxset. It is expensive, but after missing out on Life after Deaf I told myself I wouldn't second guess these types of purchases. There are so few artists I'd buy something like this for, I figured why not. Plus, having all of the PaxAm 7"s, the completist in me couldn't pass it up. I'm a sucker for some b-sides... 

He really is a top-notch interviewer. For a guy who's a self-admitted (recovering) asshole, he sure is a great listener and empathizer. I started listening to him a couple of years ago when there were guests I was interested in. Now I listen to every episode.

Same here. His episodes with semi obscure comics are sometimes boring but even those I don't skip because some have been captivating.

I love seeing who's on for the week on Monday morning. It's often a nice little surprise. I was pumped to see Ryan Adams. I'm about half way through and it's a really good conversation. I had no idea Ryan was so into skating.