The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

i've consciously avoided listening to Adams because his public persona is being a total dickhead. silly, i know.

then there was a release to shoot him at Newport. i took offense at the clause that had me surrendering ownership of the photos, and would allow him a one-time use for anything, w/o recompense to me. I added a 'not' to that when i got my photo pass in the morning, and when i went to get in the photo pit later that day, i was denied entry. i guess they check out the fine print.

i think i was the only one who didn't sign it.

i shot from the crowd, and actually really enjoyed the show.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

Glad you could get past his impetuous past and not miss out on some great music.  I'm particularly sorry (selfishly, yes) that you didn't get the photo pass, as your photos are always excellent. 

I'm hoping to catch him at the Chicago show in October.

i shot from the crowd.

p644492218-4.jpg

bigideas, it's a contract you are signing, basically giving him free use to do whatever he wants w/ the photos w/ no compensation to you.

i am not sure if anyone with these sorts of rights-grabbing contracts has actually enforced the contract, but i wasn't about to find out via Ryan Adams.

Ryan doing Wharf Rat:

Ryan Adams - Wharf Rat (acoustic) 

Following his performance at the Newport Folk Festival, Adams and his acoustic guitar visited some kids at MyMusicRX for a take on "Wharf Rat." The singer says he listens to the Grateful Dead whenever he "feels out of place" or isn't "feeling great." It's fitting that this beautiful cover surfaces on Jerry Garcia's birthday.

I'm visiting Chicago for the first time this October, and it just so happens that DRA is playing the Chicago Theatre at the same time. I'm currently trying to buy a ticket (they went on sale 10 minutes ago) but Ticketmaster isn't letting me in!  :heartbroken

Edit: never mind! I got one!  :banana

I saw Ryan Adams for the first time at Newport. I had listened to a fair amount of his music beforehand, so I was somewhat familiar. I really enjoyed the set but I have to say the Ryan Adams fairy dust hasn't worked its magic on me yet. I know several people whose taste in music seems to generally align with mine who think he's great, but I don't feel it. I do feel there's a possibility that I could learn to appreciate him more, so I'd still like to see him in a theatre setting.

hoping he announces a NYC show.  He used to be one of us, he has to, right?!  Was just remarking to my wife how special his Town Hall residency was in 2006 in midtown.  3 straight nights with the cardinals and no repeats.  Cant believe that was 8 years ago.  ugh.

Meanwhile, i hate to be that guy, but can someone suggest a place that I can find the unreleased Ryan stuff?  Suicide Handbook, 48 days, destroyer, etc?  All the places i see online look like sketchy internet places that worry me.  Anyone know a safe place to go?  Thanks!

You should check out the Whiskeytown stuff.

I really enjoyed the set but I have to say the Ryan Adams fairy dust hasn't worked its magic on me yet.

Diane, if you can listen to Strangers Almanac (Whiskeytown) a few times and still not get sprinkled by the Ryan Adams fairy dust, then maybe it's just not meant to be!

I think there is a place mentioned a page or two back in this thread.

Thanks Aman.  I see the reference to the other Ryan Adams thread, but most of the links there are from 2009, so I assume they are dead.  I will check them out, though.  Thanks!

Most of those links are dead. If anyone's itching to upload the Stockholm Sessions, I certainly wouldn't hold it against you. 

I just got Boston tickets. That was one of the more miserable ticket buying experiences for me. I usually luck out, but not this time. I'll be in the back of the floor. It's gross how many tickets immediately surfaced on StubHub. 

Hey ya'll.  I've been on a long journey through the farthest reaches of the internet, and I am back with gifts.  Please have a mod delete this if it is inappropriate.  Not everything i was looking for, but a bunch of it, and some other stuff i didn't know existed.  Enjoy fellow DRA VCers!

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?81047-the-ryan-adams-whiskeytown-unreleased-albums-*all-legal*-share-thread(flac)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone looking for a ticket to Ryan's show at the Chicago Theatre in October? I have an extra in Section 3, Row J. It's an aisle seat.

(PS: Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I figured HTFL is just for Wilco tix.)

Already enjoying it more than Ashes & Fire, which I like okay. My only wish was that there were a few more acoustic numbers like My Wrecking Ball... 

edit: DRA must've been listening to a lot of Tom Petty before writing these tunes.