The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

What did you do to get him to block you?

Nothing. He obsessively blocks people. One time I tweeted that he might be my favorite songwriter. I think that might've done it. I lurk on the To Be Young forum, and it seems that he's blocked most everyone there, too. It's mostly a nonissue because he posts crappy pictures of himself and tons of cat pictures. But, he often announces vinyl releases via Twitter and I've missed out on some in the past. 

That rascal! He hasn't double crossed me yet, but his behavior has ruined several shows that my friends saw over the years. Oh well! I've already discussed stuff like that earlier in the thread. Tough to like a guy that disrespects Neil Finn and Janis Ian in the same room.

• 1 month later...

Listen to the first track off of DRA's upcoming Taylor Swift 1989 covers album: http://pitchfork.com/news/61239-ryan-adams-covers-taylor-swifts-bad-blood/

It's great & I can't wait to hear the album in its entirety. I really hope that he treats one of the songs like he did Wonderwall, and basically strips it down to just vocals & acoustic guitar.

Listen to the first track off of DRA's upcoming Taylor Swift 1989 covers album: http://pitchfork.com/news/61239-ryan-adams-covers-taylor-swifts-bad-blood/

It's great & I can't wait to hear the album in its entirety. I really hope that he treats one of the songs like he did Wonderwall, and basically strips it down to just vocals & acoustic guitar.

I've never purposely listened to TS yet listening to this version makes my brain keep expecting her voice to kick in for some reason!

I think it's kind of dull but then it's possible I'm just still disappointed by the RA show I went to this year which bored me to tears, (guess I'd been listening to the live at Carnegie awesomeness too much, of which there was none).

I have pretty much given up on this guy - but I will admit I am curious about this:

I'd already recorded the follow-up record for my last record, which is a two-part record, so that's like 23 songs of my own stuff. I was basically pretty tired of singing and playing my own stuff, but I wanted to make music.
  • 2 weeks later...

Analogman,

Where have you found the best quality recordings of Ryan from the Casal era?  There are so many available on bt and dime and I don't have time to download them all and try them.  Any other good source where they rate the quality of the recordings?