The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

Hmm. Certainly not my favorite from Ryan, but I'd have it near the midway point.  Nightbirds is such and awesome song.  I'd move Demolition way up the list also.

• 1 month later...

Great news- woke up to an email announcing a show in Harrisburg, PA on 4/29 - about 1/2 an hour up the road. Got two great  2nd row mezzanine seats center in the artist pre-sale this morning. I believe the capacity for the Whitaker Center Theater is 700.

WOOHOO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Today, Ryan Adams shared “Fuck The Rain” – the lead single from #BIGCOLORS. Download/stream the track, which features a guitar solo by John Mayer and Benmont Tench on the organ, here: https://ryanadams.lnk.to/FTheRainFP.

“Check out this song it’s cool. Or don’t-we all might die trump is president. I love you, sincerely Ryan Adams.”

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes. We've always known he was an asshole. If you told me yesterday "TCP, tomorrow the New York Times will publish a takedown of a popular songwriter that own records of" I wouldn't even hesitate in guessing Ryan. But writing beautiful songs doesn't excuse abusive behaviour. It's all bad but the stuff with the underage girl is utterly unforgivable and disgusting.

I wonder what happens from here? The music community has been way too forgiving to abusers. 

Not surprising at all if true. I stopped being a fan of his in 2005 when he walked offstage early in a show after an incoherent rant. If this is true then he's just a bad person all the way around. And his musical talent doesn't and shouldn't make up for that.

Hey TCP, he’s Canadian, right?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, our Adams is by all reports a good enough dude. Ryan Adams is all yours, America.

I'm not at all surprised by this. Saddened. IIRC, he's been public about getting sober recently and his big plans for the year are probably completely dashed. If the LPs come out, I will still give them a listen. I watched Louis CK's Horace & Pete after his allegations came out. I wouldn't pay to see either live and will avoid trying to give them any $$ directly.

His denials seem pretty pathetic in light of the evidence the NYT has compiled.