The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

I've seen Ryan Adams referred to as DRA a few times. Why is that?

I just Googled it, turns out his full name is David Ryan Adams.

Thanks! I guess I could've looked that up myself, but I appreciate your doing it. I thought maybe it was some inside joke about damn Ryan Adams!

Another bit of trivia for you - they were actually share a birth date: November 5th (1959 and 1974).

(Bryan Adams)

I thought maybe you were making a Bryan Adams joke.

Hey guys! This is my last ditch effort to try and find a ticket for tonight's RA show at the 9:30 in DC. Sold out in less than 3 min, and I refuse to give in to scalpers. If anyone has an extra for face +fees I'll throw in a bootleg of the awesome 2005 show there. Thanks!!

I spun the new RA record this evening....maybe i like it because its been a few years since his last release but overall, I like it a lot. The guitar sound is great and the mix is good. Shadows is perhaps the best song on the album, i can hear a killer live version. RA has received a lot of criticism over the years, some merited, some overly critical, but he says he is in a healthy place and his music proves it. check it out. 

I'm a big RA fan but don't really like this new album.  Sounds kind of bombastic with lots of straight-out 4/4 rockers.  For me it lacks the subtletly and melodic invention of his best work.  Hate to say it,  but there's even a couple of songs that put me in mind of Bryan Adams. Sigh.

I'm a big RA fan but don't really like this new album.  Sounds kind of bombastic with lots of straight-out 4/4 rockers.  For me it lacks the subtletly and melodic invention of his best work.  Hate to say it,  but there's even a couple of songs that put me in mind of Bryan Adams. Sigh.

Ha, some of the new album reminds me of Bryan Adams too. I was wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing. I do enjoy the album though. It's not my favorite of his but it's still solid.

I have mixed feelings about this man's self titled record. Some of it is really good and other parts of it is really forgettable. I really dig Gimme Something Good, Shadows, Kim, Trouble and Stay With Me. Wilco's I Might is much better than Ryan Adams' I Just Might. 

Some days I hate and some days I love My Wrecking Ball.