The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

From Billboard:

Fans of Ryan Adams have waited years for an alleged, much-delayed box set gathering his numerous sets of unreleased material -- now, it appears they'll be gifted with a different collection.

The rocker posted an image on his Facebook page on Tuesday of what appears to be a vinyl box set, noting, "Live After Deaf. Friday. This will not be repressed."

Adams, who had previously supported audience bootleg recordings of his performances, ended the practice for his "Ashes & Fire" tour with the promise that live material would be gathered in an official release. Should the new box set document his recent touring, it will find the singer-songwriter in intimate acoustic mode, mixing current material with past classics ranging as far back as his days in Whiskeytown and solo debut "Heartbreaker."

The title is a wink at his struggles with Meniere's disease, an ailment that led him to take a break from music before returning with 2011's "Ashes & Fire" and its accompanying tour.

"Ashes & Fire" was released by Adams' own Pax Am Records in conjunction with Capital -- the new release's home has yet to be announced.

Someone does not know their metal. The title is also a "wink" to the Iron Maiden live album Live After Death. Also - you can still find live shows out there, even on Dime a Dozen.

From Adams' FB page:

"Oh hey you guys, did you want more information on Live after Deaf ? OK.

144 tracks of live acoustic Ryan spread across 15 vinyl discs…with a download card featuring all 144 tracks PLUS an additional 74 digital-only bonus tracks (yup, that’s a total of 218 tracks) all in a heavyweight cloth box. Super Duper limited numbers available ONLY at http://paxamrecords.com/ beginning 1:30 p.m. EST on Friday, June 15"

From Adams' FB page:

"Oh hey you guys, did you want more information on Live after Deaf ? OK.

144 tracks of live acoustic Ryan spread across 15 vinyl discs…with a download card featuring all 144 tracks PLUS an additional 74 digital-only bonus tracks (yup, that’s a total of 218 tracks) all in a heavyweight cloth box. Super Duper limited numbers available ONLY at http://paxamrecords.com/ beginning 1:30 p.m. EST on Friday, June 15"

i bet that will cost a nice bit of money.

Man, Pax-Am and Kung Fu crashed when this went on sale. Kung Fu is 10 minutes away from my work so I tried to call and see if I could order from them directly. Unfortunately, after the site being down 3+ hours, they decided to postpone the pre-order until Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

From his fb page:

"Live after Deaf is a steal at 130 US + cost of shipping. It is heavy. Box weighs 13lbs. You can check the shipping price before you check out. We will ship everywhere in the world while supplies last.

xoxo Val"

Even a bigger steal for $8.99 for 174 MP3's from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GEIHFC/ref=docs-os-doi_0

This could be a pricing error, get in while the getting's good.

You can still find all sorts of shows for free by way of Dime a Dozen, and bt.etree.org.

By way of Billboard.com:

Mandy Moore says she's getting some help from her singer-songwriter husband, Ryan Adams, for her next album.

Moore and Adams, who married in 2009, recently started collaborating on her follow-up to 2009's "Amanda Leigh," the singer told CBSNews.com.

"I'm probably going to work with my husband on this album," she said. "I'm not sure necessarily in what capacity, but we've been writing a little bit together. He has a studio, so I definitely want to make my record there."

Moore said Adams, who has introduced her to new music, "inspires" her.

"There's tremendous influence right now around the house -- from the music I've been introduced to and being very happy and in a healthy, happy relationship," she said. "I think that still garners a lot of material to write about."

Moore added that in the three years since she released her last album, "a lot" has happened in her life, which also will serve as inspiration for her new songs. She added she sees the new album as "intense, emotional" and hopes it will be ready for release at the end of this year or beginning of next.

Since the release of "Amanda Leigh," Moore voiced a character and recorded songs for the animated movie "Tangled." She also starred in a comedy pilot for ABC that was in contention for the 2012-13 TV season.

Moore -- who also has appeared in several live-action movies, including "A Walk to Remember" -- said she doesn't plan on giving up acting.

"I like to have my plate as full as possible," she said. "I also try to be picky and choosy and find things that are going to help you grow and evolve and challenge you."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Should be a good Lemonheads record...Love that record (Shame) to death. Their last real record was the bomb...their covers record... :thumbdown

I hope Ryan's sobriety rubs off on Dando. I saw him back in the spring and it was so sad and ultimately pathetic. Dando was so fucked-up and ambled, that he could barely sing/play/act alive. It's so sad to see one of your heroes in such a bad place...