the next Beatles thread

Just got notice that my mono box set is finally on the way. :dancing I ordered it through Borders. I had a coupon for 40% off any item, and the list price was $300, so I got it for $180. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got notice that my mono box set is finally on the way. :dancing I ordered it through Borders. I had a coupon for 40% off any item, and the list price was $300, so I got it for $180. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

is it too late to do that?

in the past i've seen those coupon e-mails but the Beatles box sets were marked so that no coupons could be used on them.

oh wait - i was thinking of Barnes and Noble.

is that coupon online somewhere?

Though the end price of $180 is a deal - it's too bad you had to waste the coupon on it, because $300 is way overpriced. That's about $23 per album in the box.

Dhani Harrison, son of George Harrison, opens up for Wolfmother in his weird little band "thenewno2". I don't know what this beatle thread is but it somehow relates to the Beatles although it's a flight down the Beatle Tree. They weren't that great btw.

I didn't picture them being heavy enought to open for Wolfmother. He's a dead ringer for George in the pictures I have seen.

I didn't picture them being heavy enought to open for Wolfmother. He's a dead ringer for George in the pictures I have seen.

no they weren't, and that night was a little odd considering they spent a good chunk of their time during the Austin Stubbs show to fix their blown out amp. They were really confused that night. Good ole Harrison. Sean Lennon is pretty aight too, saw him at The Parish in Austin a few years back.

Though the end price of $180 is a deal - it's too bad you had to waste the coupon on it, because $300 is way overpriced. That's about $23 per album in the box.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=5099969945120

They have it listed at $242 but the coupon has to be off of the list price. I was simply looking at the end result, which I got for $50 cheaper than I have seen anywhere else.

You have to be a Border's Reward member for the coupon. 40% is pretty rare, but they frequently have 30% coupons that they email to you. I still can't believe they let me use it on the box set.

just bought Anthology 2 and 3 off of Amazon for a total of $27!!! my local cd store only has Anthology 1 which doesn't look too appealing to me, not a huge early Beatles fan, and the price is something like $35. can't wait to hear these outtakes and such!

just bought Anthology 2 and 3 off of Amazon for a total of $27!!! my local cd store only has Anthology 1 which doesn't look too appealing to me, not a huge early Beatles fan, and the price is something like $35. can't wait to hear these outtakes and such!

It all goes together. You should hear the sound of the early tracks - such as Cry For A Shadow.

Anyone ever been to this place?

(This is a pretty nice Beatles blog. It is all about fans meeting the Beatles.)

Hard Day's Night Bed and Breakfast

In Southern Illinois there is a little yellow house known as the "Hard Day's Night Bed and Breakfast." It is the former home of Lousie Cardwell, who is George Harrison's sister. George came and stayed with her for 3 weeks during the late summer of 1963. Since then fans have saved the home from being torn down and have turned it into a mini Beatles museum as well as a Bed and Breakfast (obviously). It is a cute little place, but I wouldn't go rushing down there to see it as a main trip or anything. However, if you happen to be in Southern Illinois anyhow, it is worth checking out. I live in 2 hours North of the town of Benton, Illinois and the home. In 2007 and 2008 they had a Beatles Day at the house, and I attended. (That is when I met Pete Best). I took some photos of some photos on the wall of Beatles with fans. So here are some photos of photos that I took inside of the Hard Day's Night Bed and Breakfast in Benton, Illinois.

That's a new one to me. I have never heard of Psychoacoustics.

Bluebeat.com

I hope that guy has a lot of money for lawyer fees.

The dude has no case. Better save the money to pay for it. I heard the clip and it's basically a remix. Nothing to distinguish itself significantly from the originals, just a larger emphasis on the backing harmonies and the toms on Ringo's drums. That's it.

Anyone ever been to this place?

(This is a pretty nice Beatles blog. It is all about fans meeting the Beatles.)

Hard Day's Night Bed and Breakfast

In Southern Illinois there is a little yellow house known as the "HardDay's Night Bed and Breakfast." It is the former home of LousieCardwell, who is George Harrison's sister. George came and stayed withher for 3 weeks during the late summer of 1963. Since then fans havesaved the home from being torn down and have turned it into a miniBeatles museum as well as a Bed and Breakfast (obviously). It is a cutelittle place, but I wouldn't go rushing down there to see it as a maintrip or anything. However, if you happen to be in Southern Illinoisanyhow, it is worth checking out. I live in 2 hours North of the townof Benton, Illinois and the home. In 2007 and 2008 they had a BeatlesDay at the house, and I attended. (That is when I met Pete Best). Itook some photos of some photos on the wall of Beatles with fans. Sohere are some photos of photos that I took inside of the Hard Day'sNight Bed and Breakfast in Benton, Illinois.

I've always thought that would be a pretty cool little movie to make. George in Southern Illinois, 1963, walking around while his sister's at work, chatting up the locals who have no idea who this boy is, and 1964 is around the corner.

I've always thought that would be a pretty cool little movie to make. George in Southern Illinois, 1963, walking around while his sister's at work, chatting up the locals who have no idea who this boy is, and 1964 is around the corner.

Sounds like The Hours and Times (1991) (only without the bath tub scene).

Speaking of movies, the Beatles film that Dick Clark produced is on Youtube:

Birth Of The Beatles (1979)

(Note - there is some NSFW nudity and language in the the film.)

I remember watching this film.

Sounds like The Hours and Times (1991) (only without the bath tub scene).

I used to quote the airplane scene from that: "She's just a bird."

In this or the previous thread I said some stuff about Rubber Soul that might make it seem like I don't like it. That's not the case at all. When I call 'Michelle' or 'Run For Your Life' "stupid" it doesn't mean I don't love them.

These are the things that keep me up at night. :lol

I've always liked the song Michelle (and I'm not much of a Paul fan), but Run For Your Life is terrible. I think John once that song was "pure shit" or something like that. But, it's on the album, and in the old days you had to get up and move the arm, so it was best to just let it play.

It has a good little Dylanesque groove going on, but the lyrics are just reprehensible. I don't really have a problem with, say, Elvis singing "rather see you dead little girl than to be with another man" in "Baby Let's Play House" cuz it's kind of a throwaway line, but in "Run For Your Life" there's no escape from the vitriol. It's disgusting.