Wilco Solid Sound Festival

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "fine" I meant - you're just sleeping there right? Lot's of Berkshires reviews are from people who come to see the paintings at the Clark Art Institute. Their expectations are a bit high.

not sure i consider a clean bathroom, clean sheets, and owners who don't go into your room when you leave luxuries. appreciate the suggestion, i'm going to keep looking though ;)

not sure i consider a clean bathroom, clean sheets, and owners who don't go into your room when you leave luxuries. appreciate the suggestion, i'm going to keep looking though ;)

I've got more links at http://www.wilcomassmoca.com/

I would suggest the Willows in Williamstown or the Maple Terrace.

If you've got more $ - The Orchards or The Williams Inn

Or this one . . .http://www.1896house.com/home.htm

I think i'm almost sold on camping. It's just too beautiful up there and so much cheaper. I mean the lake, the trees the August nights. I have a call in as I can't seem to find anywhere to reserve on line. I am looking into this place that was recommended earlier in the thread.

http://northadams-ma.gov/index.php?nav_id=75

You could walk from Windsor Lake to Mass MOCA, but its a relatively steep downhill from the lake to Church St and then a gradual downhill from Church St to the museum. Coming back, after a show, is going to be a hell of a workout on your calves and hamstrings.

Windsor Lake is a cool spot, i used to have rugby practice there once in a while.

I think i'm almost sold on camping. It's just too beautiful up there and so much cheaper. I mean the lake, the trees the August nights. I have a call in as I can't seem to find anywhere to reserve on line. I am looking into this place that was recommended earlier in the thread.

http://northadams-ma.gov/index.php?nav_id=75

We do have some really nice parks and if a lot of folks went that route, a lot of fun could be had.

You could walk from Windsor Lake to Mass MOCA, but its a relatively steep downhill from the lake to Church St and then a gradual downhill from Church St to the museum. Coming back, after a show, is going to be a hell of a workout on your calves and hamstrings.

Windsor Lake is a cool spot, i used to have rugby practice there once in a while.

Besides which, there is only one group campsite - and I believe it's closed permanently http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/western/wnds.htm

I've got other campsites at http://www.wilcomassmoca.com/

Because I think, and I may be wrong, that's it's closed.

Interesting. I have a call and an e-mail into someone with the city who was listed as contact info on that page. I'm guessing i'll have an answer by tomorrow. I did speak to the lady today and she wasn't even aware she was listed as the contact person for the camp site. Then she gave me a number to call and it was for the cemetary. lol. I called back and she apologized and gave me another number but it was for the Historic Valley Campground and I left a message there. Though the lady on the phone did say that campground was walking distance if you like a STEEP hike and didn't mention it being closed.

so at this point, I'll see what kind of reply I get.

Interesting. I have a call and an e-mail into someone with the city who was listed as contact info on that page. I'm guessing i'll have an answer by tomorrow. I did speak to the lady today and she wasn't even aware she was listed as the contact person for the camp site. Then she gave me a number to call and it was for the cemetary. lol. I called back and she apologized and gave me another number but it was for the Historic Valley Campground and I left a message there. Though the lady on the phone did say that campground was walking distance if you like a STEEP hike and didn't mention it being closed.

so at this point, I'll see what kind of reply I get.

The park that is closed for camping is Windsor Lake/Historic Valley is basically the same spot but Windsor Lake camping says it's closed and Historic Valley says it's not. They may be two different spots.

Living only 5 miles away, I've never found a reason to camp there. Either way, yes, big steep climb. Cammping within walking distance is gonna be tough. Hoteling within walking distance looks like it's sold out. I dont' know where they are going to park everyone - shuttles mentioned.

Williamstown is a 10 minute drive away so if I were you and I was thinking about a hotel I'd jump on something right away.

Because I think, and I may be wrong, that's it's closed.

It's open every summer; it's probably just closed for the season. You could take a longer, flatter hike to downtown. I'll post directions later.

It's owned by the city and unlike state parks, I'm assuming they don't have year-round ranger types.

The park that is closed for camping is Windsor Lake/Historic Valley is basically the same spot but Windsor Lake camping says it's closed and Historic Valley says it's not. They may be two different spots.

Living only 5 miles away, I've never found a reason to camp there. Either way, yes, big steep climb. Cammping within walking distance is gonna be tough. Hoteling within walking distance looks like it's sold out. I dont' know where they are going to park everyone - shuttles mentioned.

Williamstown is a 10 minute drive away so if I were you and I was thinking about a hotel I'd jump on something right away.

I'm gonna hold out for the campground info. Even if I have to camp a bit futher out of town it's going to be a couple hundred bucks cheaper than a hotel. I don't mind driving to the event each day even though it sounds like parking is going to be difficult.

I have no idea how I will begin to afford this.

At what point is it ridiculous to do something like this while trying to pay off current debt? And budgeting to have your wisdom teeth removed?

Okay, well, I did it. I booked a room for this place: http://www.mapleterrace.com. I just got off the phone from confirming my reservation and the lady I spoke with was super nice. Now I just have to get the tickets and airfare. Sometimes being an adult is fun!

As someone who's technically been an adult for some time now, I can tell you that you did the right thing. You won't regret it.

I booked it Tuesday night at $145 a night, which was the AAA rate and is refundable. The prepaid rate was $138, but I wanted the flexibility to back out if plans change. I wonder how many others did the same?

I booked a room Tuesday night and accidentally clicked the prepaid rate which turned out to be $162 a night for a king (Fri & Sat). Oh well. I'm sure if I can't get W(TF)tickets I can find a taker for the room.

Another idea that people might want to explore is going in with others on a vacation rental. We often rent private residences when we travel and find that it's often cheaper and really convenient to have a kitchen and other amenities of home. We usually use vrbo.com. Here's a search of available rentals in Williamstown that weekend - VRBO

As someone who's technically been an adult for some time now, I can tell you that you did the right thing. You won't regret it.

I went back and forth, thought about the Residency and how I would feel if I missed this and I just couldn't pass it up. I was able to get tickets for all 5 nights and make that trip work, this will be much easier, warmer AND my boyfriend was pushing me to go ahead and just make the decision to go. And it's our anniversary weekend, so we were planning on taking a vacation anyway. Sometimes things just work, I suppose.

And I'm 30, I've been an adult for a little while anyway, and this kind of stuff continues to be exciting. The wisdom teeth are already grown in, they're not going anywhere.

It not going to sell out the first day tickets go on sale stay home

I don't mean to be an alarmist, but I think these tickets are gonna go like hotcakes. It's not a big place and it's their only East Coast date this summer.

I toyed with the idea of driving up, but I can't swing the day off right now, plus Hartford tomorrow night! Also, in my alarmist mind set, I was afraid that the tickets would be gone by 11:00 and the box office wouldn't have anymore, though I suppose they hold a certain amount. I don't know, I'm just real nervous about it. Gotta get my game plan together for the morning. How do I keep people away from my cube at the critical hour?!?!? Can I manage to pretend I'm on the phone while navigating the always nervewracking Wilcketing process?

Does anyone know if I'm going to be required to enter some obscure password going through the Wilco site?