Wilco Solid Sound Festival

Hoarding was not my intention. I just didn't have time to check out which place was the best price/value ratio, so I booked a few with the intention of canceling the others today if no one wants 'em. Once I've done my research, and if no one on this board wants to have me transfer a res to them, then they'll be freed up. K?

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! He's our mandolin player in the band - SeaBee in the Navy, NYPD officer, and now works out of my office with 8th graders! Coolest guy I know! He bought the property up there after 9/11 to get away. And I've turned him into quite the Wilco fan!!!

That breakfast place with the English muffin toast is outrageous! I'm sure you know it!

Very cool. I'm embarrassed to admit that I googled "SeaBee in the Navy" thinking that was the name of your band. D'oh. Sounds like a cool guy.

I moved away over 20 years ago and haven't been back in a few years, though my family still owns land there (camping anyone?). The area has definitely undergone a resurgence, particularly post 9/11. There was no outrageous breakfast place when I lived there, but you could get a stale buttered hard roll at the Citgo.

got mine. now i just need to find a babysitter for 2 kids for 3 days. ahhh, the details.

what's up with the 1.00 delivery charge, when they arent even delivering my ticket? it looks like they will be self-printed. lame!

Boy oh boy, am I having trouble finding a room for this thing! I wonder if you know, is the Redwood as horrible as it sounds on TripAdvisor? It seems to be the only place even halfway near and under $300. But the reviews make it sound like an almost frighteningly bad place to be. Any suggestions?

Try Pittsfield. I reserved a room at the Crown Plaza ($200/night for 4 people). The Ramada Inn was $169

I booked the Redwood Motel in North Adams. I only noticed afterwards that the reviews were really really bad. I am not the pickiest person but I also do not want bed bugs or any other potential diseases. Can anyone tell me if it is as bad as they say it is. Thanks for your help.

I seemingly got tickets, but no confirmation e-mail... should I be worried?

It's worth a call to end the worry. At the end of the sale you should have gotten a confirmation # too.

For some reason I was worried that these tickets would sell away quickly seeing that the hotels/motels are booking up fast. Seems like there are still tickets left. This makes me wonder what the capacity of this place is. Did anyone ever figure that out?

I booked the Redwood Motel in North Adams. I only noticed afterwards that the reviews were really really bad. I am not the pickiest person but I also do not want bed bugs or any other potential diseases. Can anyone tell me if it is as bad as they say it is. Thanks for your help.

I don't think you'll get bedbugs. I stayed there once years ago under different ownership when I was living with my parents and really needed a "getaway".

For some reason I was worried that these tickets would sell away quickly seeing that the hotels/motels are booking up fast. Seems like there are still tickets left. This makes me wonder what the capacity of this place is. Did anyone ever figure that out?

I was told by someone in Marketing at MASSMoCA that they are selling "thousands" of tickets. That's a specific as she was willing to get. The facility itself is massive and I"m sure it can hold whatever they throw at it. This part of Masschusetts is called "The Berkshires" and hotel rooms fill up for the summertime well in advance anyway. The popular Williamstown Theatre Festival draws huge crowds during the summer - NOTE: The theater festival will be staging a musical production of Romeo & Juliet based on the music of Jeff Buckley in August - sweet!

tour_slideshow02.jpg

The Wilco shows will most likely be held in the green space to the lower left of the picture above. Here's an image of the smaller outdoor stage

tour_slideshow09.jpg

MASSMoCA, in addition to being the largest museum of contemporary art in the country, also boasts the largest single gallery space, check this out.

tour_slideshow04.jpg

mass-moca.jpg

The indoor concert space is a 10,000-square-foot black box theatre with a clear-span 30-foot ceiling, which can accommodate up to 850 seats (note, the Wilco shows will be outside I'm guessing)

If you've never been to MASSMoCA you'll simply be blown away by the place itself.

7507cb1.jpg

should I stay or should I go? I live about an hour from MassMOCA (great museum btw) but buying 2 tix is a bit pricey for me. Hmmmm.

In either case, I have a couple extra sleeping spots for VC friends in need.

Looks like there are a couple of very nice $175 rooms here along with a few pricier ones.

http://topiainn.com/

It's about a 10-15 min drive from the venue but this place is really nice - if it's in your price range I would move quickly on this one. I heard from a friend today that most of the cheaper Williamstown hotels are already sold out.

The only walking distance hotels are Holiday Inn and the Porches - both sold out.