Wilco Solid Sound Festival

I went back and forth, thought about the Residency and how I would feel if I missed this and I just couldn't pass it up. I was able to get tickets for all 5 nights and make that trip work, this will be much easier, warmer AND my boyfriend was pushing me to go ahead and just make the decision to go. And it's our anniversary weekend, so we were planning on taking a vacation anyway. Sometimes things just work, I suppose.

And I'm 30, I've been an adult for a little while anyway, and this kind of stuff continues to be exciting. The wisdom teeth are already grown in, they're not going anywhere.

But seriously if they become infected its not something you want to get into. I had to have emergency surgery because they got infected and it ruined a good portion of a summer a couple of years ago. And I mean emergency surgery!!! Really bad stuff. But that being said - you did the right thing!!!! thumbup.gif

I have a room booked from that Thurs - Sun at the Holiday Inn. But my bandmate has a house in Cannan, NY and just asked me to get him tickets and stay in his really nice house on a mountain with his wife and me and my wife - so I might be giving up the reservations. That won't be to later on as we get close cause things "can happen", but if it comes through I'd hook anyone up with the lodging if I can make alternative plans. Meaning not just cancelling but transferring my reservation to you great folks here!

I'll be buying tickets tomorrow as to not miss out on this. My wife is excited and a Wilco fan through me but I can't really fathom my excitement level at what this really could turn out to be! Grace Potter would be an excellent addition by the way!

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be an alarmist, but I think these tickets are gonna go like hotcakes. It's not a big place and it's their only East Coast date this summer.

I toyed with the idea of driving up, but I can't swing the day off right now, plus Hartford tomorrow night! Also, in my alarmist mind set, I was afraid that the tickets would be gone by 11:00 and the box office wouldn't have anymore, though I suppose they hold a certain amount. I don't know, I'm just real nervous about it. Gotta get my game plan together for the morning. How do I keep people away from my cube at the critical hour?!?!? Can I manage to pretend I'm on the phone while navigating the always nervewracking Wilcketing process?

Does anyone know if I'm going to be required to enter some obscure password going through the Wilco site?

I'm worried about exactly the same thing. I'm still contemplating a ride up tomorrow morning. But I have a bunch of folks coming in tomorrow for the Hartford show and that laundry isn't going to wash itself.

I have a room booked from that Thurs - Sun at the Holiday Inn. But my bandmate has a house in Cannan, NY and just asked me to get him tickets and stay in his really nice house on a mountain with his wife and me and my wife - so I might be giving up the reservations.

I grew up in Canaan, NY! This is remarkable mostly because its one traffic light is flashing yellow and I can't fathom a Wilco fan living there!! Cool!

I know folks who work in marketing at MASSMoCA. I just wrote an email asking them, in the event of a quick online sellout, can I still drive to the box office and pick up tickets from some "other pool".

I'll let you know if I hear something before 10AM tomorrow.

I know folks who work in marketing at MASSMoCA. I just wrote an email asking them, in the event of a quick online sellout, can I still drive to the box office and pick up tickets from some "other pool".

I'll let you know if I hear something before 10AM tomorrow.

That would be great information to have! thanks!!

I grew up in Canaan, NY! This is remarkable mostly because its one traffic light is flashing yellow and I can't fathom a Wilco fan living there!! Cool!

Awesome! He's our mandolin player in the band - SeaBee in the Navy, NYPD officer, and now works out of my office with 8th graders! Coolest guy I know! He bought the property up there after 9/11 to get away. And I've turned him into quite the Wilco fan!!!

That breakfast place with the English muffin toast is outrageous! I'm sure you know it!

I went back and forth, thought about the Residency and how I would feel if I missed this and I just couldn't pass it up.

This is what I thought about. I only made it to night one of the Residency but it was sooo worth it. I tried getting tickets outside for the 2nd night but nobody was selling. This is going to be such an amazing and unique experience and i'm totally digging the location even though it's the other side of the damn country. I'm damn near giddy about this which is why I have more posts in the last 2 days than I probably had total for the past several years.

I'm jealous, I only live a few hours away from this thing but I can't strike up any interest amongst the people I know who are into the band. I guess I need to get to know more spontaneous Wilco fans! :lol

never let other people's lack of interest stop you from doing anything :) I learned this a while ago. I'm flying from Phoenix and I don't know anyone and you're only a few hours drive!

I guess I better prepare to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale tomorrow as well. I hate unexpected expenses but I'll make it work.

I'll be trying to get tickets online from Australia (yes!)... any idea whether they usually post out tickets for this kind of thing, or whether they'll just do e-tickets.

A little worried that if the former occurs that I'm gonna need some sorta North American address, or something equally kooky. Fingers crossed!

never let other people's lack of interest stop you from doing anything :) I learned this a while ago. I'm flying from Phoenix and I don't know anyone and you're only a few hours drive!

I guess I better prepare to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale tomorrow as well. I hate unexpected expenses but I'll make it work.

I wish, but unfortunately while I do have some of the funds I'm sadly lacking in the transportation aspect. It's hard too because I think those tickets are going to get bought up really quick so it's hard to haggle with anyone who might be interested on the spur of the moment. :lol

I'm way behind on this, so I have some serious catching up to do!

While this does sound amazing, I'd like to be the first to wonder out loud why the hell is this not happening in Chicago? Is it just about MASSMoca being the ideal location? If this happens on a semi-regular basis and moves from city to city, I hope to God that LA gets a shot at hosting someday.

...but this is a credit to being a band with a capital B.

THE BAND IS GOING TO PLAY THIS FESTIVAL??!!??!! NO WAY!!!! :ninja

I propose Via Chicago have a tent at this event.

And we could give seminars on how to rank your favorite Wilco albums, concert photography for the regular fan with a cell phone, and the proper ettiquet on how to ask for directions to the loft/promote your band with your first post.

:mellow

Are the only tickets available for three days? Do you think it will be possible to buy a ticket for a single day? Not sure if I'll be able to afford the hotel etc... Living two hours away I'd be able to make the trip once, but doing so three days in a row would be a bit much.

Would it be unethical to share a ticket with someone? Split the price and one of you goes Saturday, the other one Sunday, and you do a hand-off at the Holiday Inn, or wherever. Just to keep your karma in line you can take a special pledge to buy an extra poster or donate to a Wilco-approved charity.

the trip advisor reviews of the holiday inn are not comforting.

Bed? Check

Shower? Check

How much time do you plan on spending in the actual room?

While this does sound amazing, I'd like to be the first to wonder out loud why the hell is this not happening in Chicago? Is it just about MASSMoca being the ideal location? If this happens on a semi-regular basis and moves from city to city, I hope to God that LA gets a shot at hosting someday.

It probably has to do with the fact that the core of Wilco's management team is now based in western Massachusetts as well as Mass Moca being a cool location (especially for a summertime thing). LA has more going for it as it relates to Wilco than you think, but honestly, who would want to go there in August? OK, I can think of several people. But for an outdoor festival?

Boy oh boy, am I having trouble finding a room for this thing! I wonder if you know, is the Redwood as horrible as it sounds on TripAdvisor? It seems to be the only place even halfway near and under $300. But the reviews make it sound like an almost frighteningly bad place to be. Any suggestions?

I'll be trying to get tickets online from Australia (yes!)... any idea whether they usually post out tickets for this kind of thing, or whether they'll just do e-tickets.

A little worried that if the former occurs that I'm gonna need some sorta North American address, or something equally kooky. Fingers crossed!

Ha, can't believe there's two of us! Hadn't thought about the address issue... might have to quickly text a friend who has a sister over there. Pretty sure that makes it midnight tonight they go on sale here.

I'm not letting a lack of interested friends stop me. I'm travelling with a friend who wouldn't even come when I offered to pay for her ticket, so she's flying home earlier and I'm relying on Wilco fans being friendly for company.

Same here, Wise Enough. I will be. . .um, celebrating?. . .my 60th birthday just shortly before this festival, and no one else I know is crazy enough to just take a flyer on an event like this. But I say, how often in your life does the possibility of a completely blissful weekend, filled with great music from your favorite band, high spirits and the company of lots of like-minded people come along? Some of my peak experiences have been the result of spontaneous decisions to do things that didn't make rational sense to anyone but me. So maybe it's naive to think this, but I've found that you can really make some intense--usually but not always of short duration--momentary connections (call 'em mini friendships) when an otherwise unrelated group of people come together around a common passion. And NO (she said huffily) I am NOT talking about drug-fueled orgies back in the day!

So I, for one, will be getting that one weekend pass, biting the bullet on that airfare from Norfolk, VA to MA, and just trusting to the universe that there will be "some place where I can lay my head". I've heard that a pretty good option is to rent a bigass camper trailer truck thingy, which could be used for driving from the airport and then parked in a campground. It can be your living space AND your transportation--I guess these behemoths can accommodate at least 4 strangers reasonably comfortably. Does something like that sound at all appealing to anyone? Feel free to reply to me privately if you're interested: dkyrus@gmail.com.

I wonder if this is all a front for some big Ocean's 11 type of robbery of the MOCA?

I've been to North Adams once and I will say this BE CAREFUL OF THE HAIRPIN TURN on Route 2!!!!!

Luckily, I went there during a random day trip and it was still scary. I can imagine driving around late at night and then driving off the mountain a la Thelma & Louise. It comes up that close.

People should stay in nearby Florida, MA. Really confuse people with your plans that way. "Where you going for the weekend, Phillip?" "Uh...I'm heading to Florida..." "Good...good for you."

I will try to get to this in some capacity. Like many, I don't think I can convince any of my Wilco friends for this. They seem to be pretty satisfied with the recent shows in MA & NH.

We should find our resident Frank Lapidus of VC and have him or her fly us into Harriman-and-West Airport.

RE: The swapping of the tickets between folks "Tickets must be exchanged for wristbands. Wristbands are non-transferable and must be worn all weekend." Hmm...all that I can say is that hasn't stopped people before in the past. :shifty

Ha, can't believe there's two of us! Hadn't thought about the address issue... might have to quickly text a friend who has a sister over there. Pretty sure that makes it midnight tonight they go on sale here.

I'm not letting a lack of interested friends stop me. I'm travelling with a friend who wouldn't even come when I offered to pay for her ticket, so she's flying home earlier and I'm relying on Wilco fans being friendly for company.

My girlfriend & I were supposed to be arriving in Toronto in mid-August, but have decided to delay that in favour of Wilco overload.

Tickets on sale 10pm in Perth, so that'd be midnight if you're on the east coast of Australia! I know a Bostonian, but she lives in Perth, so I am hoping that the e-ticket shall be my friend.