• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was on my calendar, but i am not sure i've got the energy to make it.

I don't know I do either, but fortunately I'm going with a buddy so that will provide the impetus. If I were solo, I'd likely go home and never make it back out. Seeing some live music will give me an emotional uplift.

well i am sure you figured it out but i stayed home. how was it? 

i'll be seeing BRMC on saturday, and getting paid to shoot a comedian at the Wilbur on Sunday. i could use some laughs.

I figured my offer of a drink wasn't enough when I saw you changed your FB photo at about 9:15. She was really good, I was really happy to be there on so many levels. Was very well attended, but I guess it was a somber crowd as she couldn't get anyone to laugh at her jokes despite her many attempts. Musically right up my alley, I can see why DBT had her open some stops on their current tour. She did a 3 song solo acoustic segment towards the end that was also excellent. Then they ended with the full band thrashing away on stage while she walked off and walked right by us heading to the merch table and then the door. Silly me I thought she was at the merch table to sign things, she looked at me like I had 3 heads :)

Are you shooting Joy Koy on Saturday? Or the other show?  

I can speak to the restorative power of good old rock and roll. Saw Drive By Truckers last night in Richmond and will be going again tonight. It's a 2-night stand at The National. For those 3 hours I didn't think about much other than the music and my aching feet.

I can speak to the restorative power of good old rock and roll. Saw Drive By Truckers last night in Richmond and will be going again tonight. It's a 2-night stand at The National. For those 3 hours I didn't think about much other than the music and my aching feet.

Good to hear. We were talking about the Truckers last night at the Lovelace show, about how we hadn't heard anything from Hood or Cooley since Tuesday. Unless we missed it. Did they have anything to say from the stage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How was JJ?

Really good show. Glad I forced myself to go on a weeknight. I couldn't tell you a single song he did. I hardly ever listen to MMJ or him on my own, but always go see them live and am always blown away by MMJ. Definitely not the intensity of a Jacket show, but that would be obvious from the new album. Didn't really care for the opening band from my listening to them earlier in the day, but they were great backing him. Would definitely encourage you to go. 

Really good show. Glad I forced myself to go on a weeknight. I couldn't tell you a single song he did. I hardly ever listen to MMJ or him on my own, but always go see them live and am always blown away by MMJ. Definitely not the intensity of a Jacket show, but that would be obvious from the new album. Didn't really care for the opening band from my listening to them earlier in the day, but they were great backing him. Would definitely encourage you to go. 

Mr. Tinnitus Photography didn't make it, but Rich Gastwirt did, and he has a nice photo album from the show up on FB.