• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ That should be a great show.  I found out about Jesse Malin about a year ago from a guy I was sitting next to at an Alejandro Escovedo show so its funny (to me) to see them on the same bill.

getting in touch w/ my early 90's massachusetts indie rock freak self tonight- dino jr and buffalo tom at house of blues (in the shadow of fenway). love you, boston.

I thought it was a great night.  As one of my friends said it was perhaps the most 1990s Boston thing ever when J Mascis joined Buffalo Tom and they did a cover of Galaxie 500's Tugboat.  

^^^ That should be a great show. I found out about Jesse Malin about a year ago from a guy I was sitting next to at an Alejandro Escovedo show so its funny (to me) to see them on the same bill.

It was a good show!

Alejandro Escovedo is such a talent and has so much history, he loves to share. He sings well in his mid 60s, and, he has a gunslinger for a guitarist. His songs are eaqual to his voice in richness, and his characters are deep and flawed. There is a very strong feeling of being in Austin seeing him live. He told a funny story about being called up on Springsteens stage for the first of 3 times, so far.

Jesse Malin tries so hard to walk in the steps of his heroes Lou Reed, The Clash for example. He is more of an over sharer IMO. He chats a lot for an opener and chastised the crowd for not listening. He tried to reclaim attention when he left the stage and climbed onto a bar to do a call & return but that didn't fly. He did start by saying it was the last nite of the tour and he did have a few " pops " prior to curtain. Perhaps that had an impact... ?

Starting a 3 night run here at the Orpheum. I'm going tonight w/Jorma, and then Saturday it's An Evening With. JRAD tomorrow at HOB. A nice 3 night run for me.

That's a nice 3 nights. I honestly don't think I could do a 3-night run anymore. Seeing JRAD in a couple weeks in Denver again. Probably my favorite (current) post-GD music to see live.