• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going with my 17-year-old son to see Dinosaur Jr. at Metro!

Please report back.  I'm so curious about this tour.

Really glad I went. Full disclaimer: I never got to see any incarnation of Yes prior to this, and had only seen Jon once, solo acoustic.

I resisted the temptation to check the previous setlist, so almost everything was a surprise. You can find some very HQ footage from the first night of the tour in Orlando on YouTube. Jon's voice is still incredible, and it was great to see him with a full band that included Wakeman!

Really glad I went. Full disclaimer: I never got to see any incarnation of Yes prior to this, and had only seen Jon once, solo acoustic.

I resisted the temptation to check the previous setlist, so almost everything was a surprise. You can find some very HQ footage from the first night of the tour in Orlando on YouTube. Jon's voice is still incredible, and it was great to see him with a full band that included Wakeman!

it's hard for me to figure out why "Yes" is soldiering on w/o Squire.

I saw a video of Heart of the Sunrise, and it was quite good.  Funny to see Wakeman STILL wearing capes.

Lampedusa: concert for refugees

Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, Buddy Miller, The Milk Carton Kids, Ruby Amanfu and Robert Plant. 

Should be interesting

They had this out here last week and I wanted to go but blew it off as it was a school night and it was Game 1 of the ALDS. I'd go if it was Steve Earle alone (not sure who The Milk Carton Kids or Ruby Amanfu are) but Emmylou and Rober Plant, too....

Steely Dan playing my favorite album of theirs the Royal Scam

So how was it??

Been a fan for a long time but have never seen them live so really looking forward to this. Going on Aja night on the 26th. With Rickie Lee Jones!

So how was it??

Been a fan for a long time but have never seen them live so really looking forward to this. Going on Aja night on the 26th. With Rickie Lee Jones!

Donald Fagan was great but Walter Becker disappoints me. They hired a lead guitarist who plays 90% of the parts he played on the album

The Chris Robinson Brotherhood at the Thalia Hall (in Chicago).

Never been at this venue before, nor seen the band before - looking forward to show and grabbing some tacos before the show - the venue is in the Pilsen neighborhood.

The Chris Robinson Brotherhood at the Thalia Hall (in Chicago).

Never been at this venue before, nor seen the band before - looking forward to show and grabbing some tacos before the show - the venue is in the Pilsen neighborhood.

You'll enjoy the venue. It is a really good looking place.

Yeah - that's one of the draws going to the show - looking forward to the venue. Also, it's a plus that I don't have to deal with the Loop/Lake Shore and the North Side for a change (I am coming from the South Side).