• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Evening With Tedeschi Trucks Band

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went Thursday and Saturday / Thursday was a bit more bluesy Saturday's second set rocked at the end.

Enjoyed both, woulda coulda shoulda gone Friday..

Random Thought

They used to drop a ABB song in the past, but know just some licks from D. Trucks.

Went Thursday and Saturday / Thursday was a bit more bluesy Saturday's second set rocked at the end.

Enjoyed both, woulda coulda shoulda gone Friday..

Random Thought

They used to drop a ABB song in the past, but know just some licks from D. Trucks.

Thursday and Saturday for me also. Both excellent shows, Soul Sacrifice to end the second set Saturday was killer. Derek did Little Martha intro into Midnight in Harlem. Friday's set list had a lot of covers I wanted to hear, but I can't complain as I was at JRAD that night. Another phenomenal show from those guys.

By buddy has a very good recording of Thursday up at bt.etree. He's bob100. Also has the first set Saturday, but something went wrong with his rig for the second set. I dont' think he has anything from Saturday up yet. 

Lots of good videos of the Saturday show here:  http://www.jambase.com/article/tedeschi-trucks-band-debuts-leon-russell-cover-at-boston-run-finale

You're gonna have to tell us more than that.

Saw him tonight at the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans. He performed with a three-piece band consisting of a piano player, a drummer, and a bassist. The band was top-notch. I tried to memorize their names and googled more info as soon as I got home. Harold Jones is 76 and was Count Basie's drummer. Marshall Wood played the upright bass. Bennett's longtime piano player, Ralph Sharon, unfortunately passed away last year. The new piano player is Billy Stritch.

They played three songs before Tony walked onto the stage, and his entrance was very cool. An audio clip of Frank Sinatra introducing Tony to an audience as "the greatest singer in the world." He covered a couple of Sinatra songs, including "The Way You Look Tonight" and "Fly Me to the Moon." He sang a lot of his old songs medley-style because he has so much material from which to draw. Among those included his first hit, "Because of You," and "Cold, Cold Heart" by Hank Williams. He made a couple of respectful references to New Orleans' musical heritage. He said he loves Louis Armstrong, complimented Satchmo's voice, trumpeting skills, and smile, and he covered "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin and "When You're Smiling" in honor of Armstrong. He also sang "Steppin' Out with My Baby," a song from his album with Lady Gaga (the name of which I can't remember), and of course "I Left My Heart in San Francisco." 

The man is 90, stood the entire time, walked around, and shook a couple of audience members' hands. The show was over after 90 minutes, and he wasn't up for an encore. He's 90 though, and his voice is still incredible. I was just ecstatic to witness him doing his thing. I want to update my top ten concerts for the year to include this one. 

Going to see Nels Cline along with a couple of jazz players Gerald Cleaver and Larry Ochs tonight at a small venue in Richmond, VA. I think the other guys play sax and drums. 

Thanks to Nalafej for keeping up that thread about Wilco-related side projects or I'd never have found out about this.

Going to see Nels Cline along with a couple of jazz players Gerald Cleaver and Larry Ochs tonight at a small venue in Richmond, VA. I think the other guys play sax and drums. 

Thanks to Nalafej for keeping up that thread about Wilco-related side projects or I'd never have found out about this.

Ochs is great - enjoy.

Afghan Whigs - performing "Black Love" in its entirety - with Mark Lanegan, And DiFranco, Morning 40 Federation, King James & the Special Men, & C.C. Adcock & the Lafayette Marquis - at the Civic Theatre in NOLA 

Probably my last show of the year.

Afghan Whigs - performing "Black Love" in its entirety - with Mark Lanegan, And DiFranco, Morning 40 Federation, King James & the Special Men, & C.C. Adcock & the Lafayette Marquis - at the Civic Theatre in NOLA

Probably my last show of the year.

Very jealous! Great album!

Saw Kacey Musgraves last night at the Rialto Theater (built 1926) with my daughter. Had front row/balcony seats so sight lines and sound were perfect. My daughter was thrilled and I thought the show was magical. So glad we were able to catch this tour.

Jason Isbell last night.  It was as outstanding as you would expect. I was told it was a solo show when I bought the tickets so I was thrilled when the 400 unit and Amanda Shires were there. 

My wife knew none of his songs but loved the show. She cried during Elephant and Cover Me Up. Seriously.

• 2 weeks later...