I think Dancing With Mr. D is not so great either (except for the fact it mentions my state).

They recorded a lot of songs for that album.

1. Silver Train - Alternate Mix

2. 100 Years Ago - Alternate Mix

3. Hide Your Love - Alternate Mix

4. Save Me (aka Criss Cross Man) - Take 1

5. Winter - Alternate Mix

6. You Should Have Seen Her Ass

7. Seperately - Instrumental

8. Tops - Instrumental

9. Fast Talking Slow Walking

10. Waiting On A Friend - Early Take

11. Dancing With Mr. D. - Alternate Take

12. Silver Train - Alternate Take

13. Save Me (aka Criss Cross Man) - Take 2 (with saxophone)

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just binged the 4 episodes of My Life as a Rolling Stone that were made available on BBC iPlayer as the first went out on air. Each of an hour focusing on the 4 individuals. Mick - bit bland

I really wish they would've stopped when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is a good drummer but he is wrong for the Stones. He doesn't swing. & Keith is losing it on guitar. His guitar signal is so proc

Happy 80th birthday to Keith!

I think Dancing With Mr. D is not so great either (except for the fact it mentions my state).

They recorded a lot of songs for that album.

I have that same bootleg! The alternate take of Dancing With Mr D. is actually the one that made me think it was a decent song, after years of not liking it. It's faster and the riff is more...metallic? It works better for that song.

Although he started a couple years later I would add Tom Waits. Wait's recent output has been storming, superior to any other oldie out there..even old Bob.

The generational comparison for Tom Waits is Bruce Springsteen. The Stones were already Rock Gods when Tom was still doing the non-growling voice songs.

I have that same bootleg! The alternate take of Dancing With Mr D. is actually the one that made me think it was a decent song, after years of not liking it. It's faster and the riff is more...metallic? It works better for that song.

I've read about it online, but I have never heard it. Waiting On A Friend is one of my favorite songs.

I've read about it online, but I have never heard it. Waiting On A Friend is one of my favorite songs.

Waiting on a Friend is great...the Video is the best...all Videos from Tattoo You were classic. I have been digging TIme Waits for No One.

I just heard Waiting on a Friend on the way to work and was thinking how great the intro and outro of the song is - it is a great tune and video.

It's Only Rock n Roll is one of the few Stones records that I don't have cd, so I haven't listen to it in a long while.

Also I enjoy Black and Blue quite a bit - Melody gets tiresome, though. For some reason I always like the record gate fold (both the outside and inside picture). Plus I always thought the below was cool.

STONES12_B&B_Frt2P2.jpg

I didn't get that album until a few years ago. I have them all now - up through Tattoo You.

An album that often gets written off - Their Satanic Majesties Request - I actually like to listen to from time to time.

It's a definite oddity among Stones album.

Between records and cd's, I'm pretty sure I have them all, with the exception of Love you Live - I had that on 8-track and never purchased the cd or record.

I should get it some day, at least for the El Mocambo side, though I have a decent sounding boot of the El Mocambo show.

I like the song Till The Next Goodbye from that album.

That's Kenny Jones playing drums on It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It).

I did NOT know that! What's the story on that one?

The song was originally recorded one night in a studio at Wood's house, "The Wick". David Bowie was backing singer to Jagger's lead, and Willie Weeks played bass with Kenney Jones on drums. The song on the album is similar to that original recording, with the Stones keeping the original rhythm track.

I am not sure I knew about it until I read about in that "According To... The Rolling Stones" book. I think it is also talked about in that Faces book that came out not too long ago.

I don't recall if the credits state that on the album sleeve or not.

I forgot that I had It's Only Rock 'n Roll on my hard drive. Not sure what mastering/version I have, but I forgot how nice it sounded on head phones, especially through my home system.

Nicky Hopkins plays his ass off throughout. The Glimmer Twins did a nice job producing, also. The sequence of If You Really Want to be my Friend into Short and Curlies is great.

I was wondering about this:

Guitarist Mick Taylor and bassist Bill Wyman, the two surviving ex-members of The Rolling Stones, will guest with the reactivated band later this year. Keith Richards confirmed the news in a recent interview with Rolling Stone. Taylor and Wyman will each join The Rolling Stones’ current lineup for a few songs at both London’s 02 Arena and Newark, NJ’s Prudential Center. “[Current Stones bassist Darryl Jones] and Bill can talk about songs they want to step in and out of,” Richards told the magazine. The guitarist also hints that guests like Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck may join the Stones for their second Prudential Center show, which will be broadcast on pay-per-view.

I bet he can fly occasionally (they will drug him) but a tour when it is constant he freaked. Or he will take a boat like you said.

I wonder what PPV cost will be...better be less then ticket prices.

I calculated that the average ticket price for NJ will be around $1,000...which will be at $17,000,000 night...sick

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-the-rolling-stones-reunion-20121024

Rolling Stone has an article about the shows - the headline reads "Reunion" - is it really an actual reunion? Perhaps so, if Wyman and Taylor participate, I don't know. The concerts itself doesn't seem like a reunion to me, I don't think they ever disbanded.