Yea - I wouldn't call it that either. They just take time off between tours. I think this time the feeling is it may be the end. I saw a recent photo of Keith the other day. The dude looked worse that usual.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just binged the 4 episodes of My Life as a Rolling Stone that were made available on BBC iPlayer as the first went out on air. Each of an hour focusing on the 4 individuals. Mick - bit bland

I really wish they would've stopped when Charlie died. Steve Jordan is a good drummer but he is wrong for the Stones. He doesn't swing. & Keith is losing it on guitar. His guitar signal is so proc

Happy 80th birthday to Keith!

It kind of blows my mind to think on the day I was born The Stones had already been playing out as a band for about 5 months.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2022388.html

"Rolling Stones Rock Paris With $20 Surprise Show"

Can't believe they opened with Route 66. That would be almost as cool as seeing them do Shattered or Jumping Jack Flash. And for $20? Jesus.

"Route 66"

"It’s Only Rock and Roll"

"Shattered"

"When The Whip Comes Down"

"Champagne and Reefer"

"Doom and Gloom"

"Miss You"

"Tumbling Dice"

"Start Me Up"

"Midnight Rambler"

"Jumping Jack Flash"

"Brown Sugar"

I think Chuck Leavell was there on keyboards.

I'm the nephew Chuck never knew he had, you know. :rolleyes

I looked through the catalog for that auction this morning. Old Ronnie must have not taken anything when he left her. The catalog is 191 pages long. Towards the end there was a 55 Strat up for sale. I would think he wishes he still had that.

The Palladia channel has been showing the Some Girls, live in Texas 78 show recently.

I taped it, but only watched the first few songs. What I saw was good. Ian McLagen on keyboards.

Does anyone know why Mick's shirt is blurred out? I could kind of make it out in some of the shots that escaped the blurring - but it just looks like an abstract art pattern - nothing offensive or copyrighted...

I think it was a swastika.....saw them in Anaheim that year.

Huh. I thought could make out a T, on a diagonal, in black. Blue and green splotches in the background. I guess the T could be a corner of a swastika?

Regardless, a good concert. It's making the rounds on the Palladia channel right now at odd hours. Search for it on your cable box...

1. "Let It Rock" (Chuck Berry)
  2. "All Down The Line"
  3. "Honky Tonk Women"
  4. "Star Star"
  5. "When The Whip Comes Down"
  6. "Beast of Burden"
  7. "Miss You"
  8. "Imagination" (Whitfield/Strong)
  9. "Shattered"
  10. "Respectable"
  11. "Far Away Eyes"
  12. "Love in Vain" (Robert Johnson)
  13. "Tumbling Dice"
  14. "Happy"
  15. "Sweet Little Sixteen" (Chuck Berry)
  16. "Brown Sugar"
  17. "Jumpin' Jack Flash"

Yea - I wouldn't call it that either. They just take time off between tours. I think this time the feeling is it may be the end. I saw a recent photo of Keith the other day. The dude looked worse that usual.

I don't know about that A-Man...he's a 69 year old man who was a hard core cocaine and heroin addict for a good ten years. He smokes like a chimney and is probably an alcoholic. He probably looks better than could be expected.

I don't know about that A-Man...he's a 69 year old man who was a hard core cocaine and heroin addict for a good ten years. He smokes like a chimney and is probably an alcoholic. He probably looks better than could be expected.

Plus being a millionaire helps, too. He does a little worse for wear, but I guess I could care less how he looks, as long as his fingers and brain can still work together.

I would like the L and G show a lot more if the sound didn't drop out. I remember seeing shots of Bobby Keys, playing away, and wondering "why can't I hear any horns right now?"

Good point - the sound on the 78 release is a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my God, I'm just a few minutes into it but the new Rolling Stones documentary "Crossfire Hurricane" on HBO is phenomenal. I had such a crush on Mick Jagger when I saw him in '72 in that slinky midnight blue jumpsuit with the rhinestones, and in the first few minutes of this documentary they show him naked getting into that suit! Be still my heart!

• 2 weeks later...
London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show

----Intro: Sympathy For The Devil

01. I Wanna Be Your Man

02. Get Of Off My Cloud

03. It's All Over Now

04. Paint It Black

05. Gimme Shelter (with Mary J. Blige)

06. Wild Horses

07. All Down The Line

08. Going Down (with Jeff Beck)

09. Out Of Control

10. One More Shot

11. Doom And Gloom

12. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (with Bill Wyman)

13. Honky Tonk Woman (with Bill Wyman)

----Band Introductions

14. Before They Make Me Run

15. Happy

16. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

17. Miss You

18. Start Me Up

19. Tumbling Dice

20. Brown Sugar

21. Sympathy For The Devil

----Encore:

22. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with London Youth Choir)

23. Jumpin' Jack Flash